Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
My child' second grade teacher is an all-around outstanding professional, she goes up and.beyond the duty as an educator ensuring that she shapes and molds all the young minds she encounters daily. Because of her my child is excelling in Math like never before!

Featherbed Lane Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
This will be my second year at Featherbed. I don't love it and I don't hate it. Our Teacher for Kindergarten was a good teacher, but a little rude with some of the children sometimes. I feel like the school focuses more on Math (Yes I know its a STEM school) and leaves all of the reading to be taught at home, which is fine for parents like myself who get to stay home, but the majority of our community are full time working parents. We did have a bully problem already and my daughter had a hard time going to her teacher to say something because the school makes a big deal about not being a tattle tale and even punish the kids for telling, and at a Kindergarten age they can't tell the difference between what they should say and what they shouldn't. On a positive note I can tell that some of the older grade teachers really love being there and that makes me hopeful that things will be better in the years to come.

Posted May 16, 2013
My child has been attended Featherbed since Pre-K. She is ow in first grade. Although there have been a few issues along the way, the last three years have been positive overall. The teachers have been great.

Posted March 26, 2010
My experience with featherbed has not been a good one. I have tried several times to talk with the teacher and principal about an on going issue with my child and one of his classmates. To date, the issue is still not resolved. The teacher for my child has not patience, no control over her class and the communication is horrible. I have never seen a class where the students run the class. My child will not, i repeat will not attend this school next school term!!

Posted March 31, 2009
The Principal at the school is great. I hope one day that the test scores reflect the amount of good work that the staff puts in. Mrs. Kelly Simms is awesome too. A dedicated teacher

Posted May 26, 2008
I must say that my experience with Featherbed Elementary School has been a very positive one. I must give a special mention to the Principal, teachers and staff that I have had the pleasure to meet and who have been instrumental in my daughter's growth and development at Featherbed. The classes and programs have held her interest and have given her a good educational start. I would like to name and thank the teachers and staff {including the teachers that I have not met}. The Principal -Ms. Livingstone, Ms.Duvall-my daughter's teacher. Mrs. Means, Mr & Mrs Saffron, Ms. Freck and Mrs Larry. They have all been instrumental in putting my daughter at ease in her first year of {full-time} classes, by showing tremendous dedication and committment to excellence in my daughter's well-being. Again I thank them and hope they all have a fun-filled safe, Summer. Sincerely, Mrs. Shahid

Posted February 27, 2007
My husband and I have three children who attend Featherbed Lane Elementary. Our daughters are in third, first and pre-K. The teachers are dedicated and provide a positive learning environment for the students. The staff is committed to working with those students who need additional assistance. Teachers are always willing to communicate about ways to enhance a student's ability to progress. Our daughters enjoy the music, art and sports programs. These classes are critical to a child's development. Teachers and students could benefit from smaller class sizes. The parents are involved in the education of the students at Featherbed Lane Elementary, but there is always room for improvement.

Posted February 21, 2007
I absolutely love Featherbed Lane Elementary school. My daughter attends the Pre-K program. Her teacher is very attentive and aware of her students abilities. She encourages her students and prepares them for Kindergarten. I currently have a Masters Degree and I work in the healthcare field. I am positive that Featherbed gives my daughter the good start needed to pursue the goal of higher education in the future.

Posted September 18, 2006
I have two sons that attend Featherbed. One is a first grader and the other a fifth grader. I really like Featherbed for what it has to offer. I believe the teachers are caring and compassionate with one goal in mind and that is to make sure your child gets the best quality of learning they can make available. I believe the work is adequate and on level for the children although the class size can stand to be reduced a bit. The idea of including art, music and sports is great because many schools have lost that component. I believe children need to be exposed to those things to make them more well rounded. I have always been an involved parent and plan to continue like my own mother did when I went to Featherbed 30 years ago!

6700 Richardson Rd, Baltimore, MD  21207
Last modified Featherbed Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.