Baltimore, MD

Posted October 14, 2013
My daughter is currently in 4th grade and has attended the school since Kindergarten. She is in the G&T program, and definitely finds the school work challenging. I have found the principal to be very helpful in conflict resolution (bullying). Some of my parent-to-parent interactions have been suboptimal because I don't believe that everyone feels that collaboration is important, but that is not a reflection of the school. The school is a bit weak in the diversity of students, but, again, not the fault of the school. We had just one poor teacher and the school worked with the whole grade to compensate for her lack of teaching ability and moved quickly to pass on this weak tenured teacher elsewhere. I am glad my daughter goes here and she really likes it and did not want to move to a private school sooner, which was an option. We will stay here through 5th grade and likely switch to a private school at that time.

Fort Garrison Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
Update to the post below...I meant to post 4 stars. The rating said "above average" but only showed 2 stars.

Fort Garrison Elementary School 1

Posted July 18, 2007
I had nothing but problems from this school. I think this school only cares about test scores and really doesn't want to help the kids who need extra help. The best thing I did was to take my daughter out of that school! She went from failing the fifth grade to being an A student in a short time. If she had so many problems how could that have happened? Be very careful with Fort Garrison and don't think for a minute that the staff will help you. They really seem to ignore any problems with there teachers they would rather place the blame on the students even when it is clearly not their fault

Posted August 27, 2006

Posted July 31, 2006
Our older son just graduated this year from FGE School this year, and I am really happy that he received a great education and became a GT student. Everything is great about FGE school: principal, teachers, support staff, education, care, etc. I am looking farward for my younger kids to go to FGE school.

Posted August 24, 2005

Posted June 17, 2004
Fort Garrison is a top notch elementary school I am a parent and an educator, and I have been thoroughly impressed with the quality of teachers, the impressive involvement of the administration, and the amazing PTA. Public schools don't get better than this!

Fort Garrison Elementary School 0

Posted March 13, 2004
LAST COMMENT This happened to several frustrated families that I spoke to...at the end they were left feeling helpless because none of the issues ever gets resolved! The teachers always get the final word and full backing. As for the parents that these comments will probably anger, please don t judge others so quickly until you have been in their place. To make this school a better place they need to take the time to listen & investigate concerns & better understand parents. They ask the parents to be understanding & cooperative & donate their time, effort, money as well as donations during the year. We are happy to help and volunteer & do everything to make our school a great place for our kids. As a parent all I m asking for is a little more respect & to be taken seriously when I ask for your help in dealing with difficult teachers.

Posted November 21, 2003
Fort Garrison is an awesome school! I love it! I attend Fort Garrison and the teachers are so kind and helpful! I will never forget Fort Garrison when I leave to go to Middle School!

Posted September 04, 2003
We are so happy with the school, our daughter is in the fourth grade and loves it! Everyone who works at the school is totally committed! Great school!

Fort Garrison Elementary School
3310 Woodvalley Dr, Baltimore, MD  21208
Last modified Fort Garrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Garrison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top