Posted August 12, 2013
My older son went here and is now in high school - my daughter is going into 3rd grade and had a lot of the same teachers he did. This school is wonderful - no complaints!

Fullerton Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2013
"I wish I knew then what I know now...'' This school is fine if you need your kids to attend public school, and you have no other choice. My child attended Fullerton for two years, and although she was happy with her teachers, I was appalled at the communication standards between principal, teachers, and parents. Although I joined the PTA immediately upon my child's Kindergarten enrollment, I was never once contacted by the PTA, the principal, or any other administration. I was never involved in any decision-making, most likely due to my status as a full-time working parent, even though I made it clear that I was very interested in becoming involved with my child's class. I never met the principal (interesting enough), but every time I saw her at ''family'' functions, I was appalled that she was dressed unprofessionally. (Short skirt, tall boots...for a principal? Hmm.) School functions are highly unorganized and infrequent, at best. My child was bored and under-challenged in class. I didn't realize how disadvantaged we were until moving out of state.

Posted November 02, 2012
Both of my daughters went to Fullerton (one is in College now). My younger daugher went there K-2nd. We just moved out of state this year and didnt realize how great we had it until now. My daughter loved Fullerton, flourished every year. The school has a great ability to create an appropriate combination of social and academic excellence. They kids a friendly, nice engaging to new students (which is on its own an important part of the entire school experience). The social, fun part of school is never forgotten. Other schools are so worried about test scores being up to par that they make kids miserable while they are there and totally ignore the fact that happy children will be more product and better learners. Teachers all take their time and explain concepts, test scores are good and the environment is so positive and happy! My daughter cried last night that she wished they "had a Fullerton here" - heartbreaking- we will never take a great school for granted again. Kudos Fulllerton you are a model for other school to follow. We now may have to enroll in private (expensive) school to have a similar experience.

Fullerton Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2012
We moved in the middle of the school year and all I can say is WE MISS MY SON'S KINDERGARTEN TEACHER. She has excellent parent communication and I felt like she actually cared about my son and his education. I wish I could drive the hour everyday.

Fullerton Elementary School 1

Posted August 26, 2011
The parent teacher communication is terrible. Not all teachers but most. The principal, Mrs. Winterson is very frustrating to deal with. She sides with teachers, there is very much an "us vs them" mentality between the parents and staff. I will say, the school nurse, Mrs. Wahl is wonderful.

Posted July 22, 2011
My daughter and I absolutely love this school. When she first entered i was a little leery of the open concept set up of the classrooms. I was concerned that the set up could potentially be a distraction to my daughter and her learning process. She has attended this school since Kindergarden and is currently entering into the forth grade. I am completely satisfied with the quaily of work, and the level of committment to the children from everyone (staff, and parents). The only disadvantage that i believe this school has it the combination cafeteria and auditorium. I believe that not having a seperation of the two limits the opportunities of assemblies which takes away from the arts. The kids do not get enough chances to participate in different programs such as plays, spelling bee's, holiday celebrations, dramatic readings, etc , which i believe helps the kids to become well rounded individuals. These programs are needed to help boost the kids confidence and gives them an opportunity to explore their artistic side. The arts are so limted because othere is not a seperate auditorium to hold these type of events without having to adjust schedules and transform the cafeteria.

Fullerton Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2011
Fullerton is a school that definitely has good test scores on paper. However, the lack of diversity in staff and teaching methods in 2011 is more than disappointing. There seems to be a strong emphasis on preparing for MSA which starts in Kindergarten. It is unfortunate because children deserve more than worksheets that center on test prep. The teaching approach at Fullerton is stale and a fresh approach is needed so that children will be engaged learners. The school needs leadership that caters to a diversity of learners and encourages teachers to do the same.

Fullerton Elementary School 0

Posted May 02, 2010
I am a teacher at Fullerton and I love this school because administration, teachers, parents and students all work together so that each person learns and feels successful. When you walk through the doors you feel welcomed and part of our family. We provide a nurturing learning environment for children to reach their potential. I am so fortunate to be a member of this staff.

Posted July 22, 2009
Fullerton staff members truly care about their students. Even though class sizes are on the rise, they continually work hard to help all students learn. My grandson just comleted the first grade and his teacher was outstanding even though she is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan!

Fullerton Elementary School 4

Posted June 10, 2009

Fullerton Elementary School
4400 Fullerton Ave, Baltimore, MD  21236
Last modified Fullerton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fullerton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.