Bad
Good

My daughter is in 1st grade and she has been here since kindergarten and I must say this is the best school ever! If school were rated by cool and this is saved by the Bell, it would be Zach!

This is my son's first year at Gunpowder. They have been great so far helping him transfer as a new student. The guidance counselor has met with him and checked on his progress. So far I am very pleased with everything.

I love being a teacher at Gunpowder Elementary School. Everyone is helpful and the school is so welcoming! I am very happy to be a part of such an amazing team of teachers and students!

My daughter is soo happy in this school, it's a safe clean school with great teaching skills.Parent involvement is great too basically this school provides excellent experience.

My daughter is in her second year at Gunpowder and I couldn't be more pleased with the faculty and staff. I feel safe leaving her in their care and I know she is getting a great education. This must be said, some of the parents are not thrilled with the principal and rules in general, but I find Mrs. Smith to be wonderful and very professional.

Gunpowder is a wonderful school. My daughter is starting her second year there and I couldn't be happier. We moved before she started K and I am so pleased we moved within Gunpowder's school zone. Parent envolvement at the school is wonderful. Teachers and staff are very helpful, great with the students and kind. The principal I have heard can be strict and by the books, but I have had nothing but good experiences with her.

A very well managed school! Safe, clean, no troubles and the kids are learning!!!

I love that they are very family oriented. My son is so happy here. His teachers and the parent volunteers are very helpful.

This is a wonderful school. I love school , I wish there was a Gunpowder Middle School. My daughter has been an A student since third grade. Her teachers were very helpful and sincere.

My son just finished kindergarten this year and I was so impressed with the school and its staff. They really care about each child and their families. The standardized test scores they sent home this year showed way above state averages and higher than other schools in the area.

Last modified Gunpowder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.