Baltimore, MD

Posted August 28, 2014
My grandson is in the 3rd grade and loves everything about this school. The staff are so hands on with the children. The kids are awesome. Never any complaints.

Posted February 06, 2014
This school is excllent. I have two children currently attending, 1st & 3rd grades and they are excelling and they look forward to attending school. The class sizes are pretty small for a public school and the community is top notch. Teachers and staff are available in a variety of ways. The school is also great with collaborating with outside entities to sponsor FREE activities for the children. All of the teachers that I have met have been very accommodating, especially to my 3rd grader who can be a handful at times. I great appreciate all the staff has done to keep her on the right path to become a great student. Also, My 3rd grader was also in the drama club, unfortunately it was operated, to my knowledge, by some college kids who could no longer do it. It was a great club and my daughter loved it. Hopefully, they find someone to pick it up.

Posted June 20, 2013
Now a Green School, the Halstead Academy has continued to prove their willingness to work with external partners to increase literacy percentiles. People often feel that when their child does not succeed, it is the sole responsibility of education systems and its employees. Children succeed when the work that is taught in acedemic institutions is reinforced at home. This theory applies not only to children in adolescence but also college students. Studying to improve ones self is the Master Key to success.

Halstead Academy 3

Posted July 25, 2012
What happened to Drama Club???? My daughter loved this program and then it ended a few weeks after it began!

Halstead Academy 3

Posted May 20, 2012
Halstead Academy was a school that my two younger children went to until we moved. My youngest child had Mrs.Griffin as her teacher for third grade as she was wonderful. So sad that she will be leaving, it won't be the same without her!! It's been many changes since the new principal and I don't think the staff likes it. On another note the neighborhood is nice!!

Posted April 11, 2011
I think working being the Principal at this school is just a job to Ms Mullenex

Posted February 04, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS NOT WHAT IT USE TO BE SINCE MRS JILL CARTER IS NO LONGER THERE

Posted July 16, 2010
If your child has a disability please steer clear of this school. They are unwilling to help your child and the IEP chairperson is NOT knowledgeable of the guidelines. She has never taught student or been in that type of settings. The special educators are not well trained or knowledgeable of tactics that need to be used when dealing with certain disabilities.

Halstead Academy 0

Posted April 12, 2010
Today I received a phone call as well as a letter regarding prescription medicine left in one of the bathrooms. Thank you for alerting parents about this issue. It makes me feel very good knowing the staff was on top of it notifying the parents.

Posted May 28, 2009

Halstead Academy
1111 Halstead Rd, Baltimore, MD  21234
Last modified Halstead Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halstead Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top