Bad
Good

The PTSA is very involved. My son's teachers are hands on. If I ever have a problem or question they are always there. The BCPS one system is great because we can monitor our son's grades, progress and can also communicate via email directly with the adminstration.

My two daughters attended Holabird Middle 6 years ago. The school still has issues. The administration was then the worst that I have ever experienced. Coming from Norwood Elementary going into Holabird was a shock experience for me and my children. There were some teachers that were excellent and dedicated, while others just were collecting a pay check. Bullying was a big issue. Parents really need to be more involved. All parents, not just the good kids. The school is only as good as the partnership and commitment behind it to make it a quality school. I had to move out of the area for my youngest to stop being bullied in high school. The area needs character programs and accountability plus more. Holabird is the school that makes or does not make well prepared high school students. That school is the missing link that needs fixing from the teaching, administration to providing after school programs to the students to keep them out of trouble.

I can say that Hollabird if not the best is one of the best middle school in baltimore county. My son was used to be on their ESOL program. I could really say and attest that my son had a major improvements to all of his subjects, especially in Math and English. He used to have low grades in Math but he was put into a program that helped him improve his grades. Going to Hollabird Middle is really rewarding not only for our son but to us his parents. Thank you ESOL, the reason why my son went to Hollabird insteaf of his home school. Thank you Hollabird for a great job of molding my son to become a much better student and as a person, building up his confidence and self-esteem and most of all the feelng of belongingness, for being a foreign to this country. Thank you and more power!

I love Holabird Middle, is one of the best school I've ever been to. Although I can't tell much about the "being a normal student" subject, because I was in the ESOL program, and thanks to that, there were many things different with my schedule and everything else. But besides that, Holabird is an excellent school. It has great teachers and I've enjoyed my middle school years there.

Worst school my children have ever attended. Staff DO NOT CARE. The staff on a whole are simply there for a check, from the secretary to the principal there is no such word as team. They do not encourage parental involvment. The bullying is terrible and i know for a fact that they are not reported to the school district as they must be according to the law. They in no way encourage the children, there is no motivation for students. DO NOT send your kids here, their grades will go down, just google the school and youll be amazed at what you find........

ALL MARYLAND PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHERS NEED TO STOP WHINING ABOUT NEEDING MORE DAYS OFF. THEY CAN'T TEACH WHAT NEEDS TO BE TAUGHT IN THE 187 DAYS THE KIDS GO TO SCHOOL NOW, HOW WILL THEY TEACH IF THERE ARE LESS SCHOOL DAYS?

The administration is clueless. Students hide in the bathrooms, there are several fights a day. The staff believes there are no bully's in the school, yet many children complain about the daily abuse they face. Staff does not attempt to contact parents until they are in over their heads with problems.

Last modified Holabird Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.