Posted September 01, 2014
This rating of 3 out of 10 is extremely misleading. Our school is a safe environment in which children are encouraged to think creatively and progressively. Many of our children are living in tough circumstances, and even with those life stressors, they are rising to academic challenges and developing college-preparedness. There are several extracurricular opportunities including 5th grade musical, a cappella choir, guitar club, recorder club, 24 club, and National Honors Society. Our teachers are highly qualified. In fact, on our faculty we have a finalist for BCPS Teacher of the Year (one of five teachers selected out of over 8500 teachers county-wide) and a Catonsville Chamber of Commerce Teacher of the Year finalist. We have fully updated technology and we are one of the 10 pilot schools for a Spanish language education program. Though our parent involvement is low, most of our parents are hard-working people working two or three jobs. Any child would be lucky to attend to Johnnycake and any teacher is lucky to work with the innovative and resilient students of Johnnycake.

Posted April 30, 2014
Others should know that JCE has 4 CALS classrooms for special needs (Austism) and is doing an awesome job! I actually recommended an externship there or at least an observation to a Towson University Special Education student last Wednesday. Ms. Bartus and the others are doing awesome work there.

Johnnycake Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Great faculty and staff that really care about the students and make efforts to meet the needs of diverse students, including those with special social and emotional needs.

Posted April 29, 2014
Johnnycake has the most dedicated and caring teachers that I have ever had the pleasure to work with. When problems come up, they are dealt with quickly and efficiently and a positive attitude prevails.

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is an amazing place where students grow academically and socially. The parents are very supportive and the teachers work incredibly hard to provide safe and happy learning environments.

Johnnycake Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is challenging. We definitely have our fair share of issues, however, we have a close knit caring staff that try to do their best every day. The relationships that develop between the staff and students are those that should be emulated. We could certainly always improve and we always need more...supplies, teachers, classrooms, etc but our school has a lot of heart.

Posted October 08, 2013
I love Johnnycake and so does my child! The teachers have an expectation of excellence from the students which pushes them to work hard and be their best. We are very proud of our school!

Posted October 06, 2013
Johnnycake Elementary is a great school. They really care about making sure every student excels. I couldn't be more pleased with this school.

Posted October 06, 2013
Johnnycake Elementary is a great school, I feel so sad that my twins have to leave the school, because they are going to middle school next year. they were there since Pre-K. I will missed the staff and the greatest teachers, specially Mr & Mrs Detwiler, they are EXCELLENT and LOVING teachers. I am so greatful about this school because my girls love them, and so do I. I think, words are not enough to appreciate the great job that they are doing with our kids. God bless all. I will miss all, and I am really sure that my girls too. Mercedes Nadal

Johnnycake Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2010
My son is in third grade and he has been at Johnnycake since first grade. He has loved every teacher he has had there!

Johnnycake Elementary School
5910 Craigmont Rd, Baltimore, MD  21228
Last modified Johnnycake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Johnnycake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top