Bad
Good

I love learning all subjects, even though mathematics is my weakest subject, and I used to love going to this school. Ever since Kenwood High School's former principal, Mr. Paul Martin, left the school many of the teachers are far too out of line. I take all honors classes plus two advanced placement classes and on top of that I have two college classes. I can not get my work done because the work is too overwhelming, last year I only had on homework assignment a week, my GPA was a 3.75 but i was out for three weeks due to medical reasons and it dropped to a 3.13. I struggle even as this new quarter has begun not even a month ago and many students are dropping out of their higher courses or even considering dropping out of school due to the teacher's unprofessional behavior and all the horrible changes this school has made for the 2014-2015 school year. Also, students also smell like marijuana and smoke on school grounds with no adult intervention despite the rules in the Student Handbook. This year fights are occurring every day and students hang around in the hallway when they are supposed to be in class and uncalled for profanities to teachers and bullying has increased.

This is a nice school. May have good facilities and good teaching methods. I learned a lot from this.

This school is great. This year the principal is doing something rarely good. It has a lot of classrooms and well great teachers.

Kenwood has recently added a new wing, including new classrooms and a satelittle caffeteria. There are parts of the school that may be less than perfect, but i think that is the case in many schools. The principal is new and nevertheless doing a fairly good job. Most of the teachers seem dedicated as well, but a students education is what he makes it. There are always opportunities for higher level classes if the student has motivation for it. There are a huge range of extracurriculars. You will get a regular high school experience here.

My child is new to Kenwood this year. This is her home school, but she could have applied anywhere and gotten in. After viewing all the other High Schools, we chose Kenwood. I have not made up my mind whether it is a good school or not. I have seen both good and bad at the school. There are problems at any school you attend. How it is handled makes all the difference in the world. The principal seems to genuinely care, but I haven t yet figured out if he s doing a good job or not. He seems to reiterate the same thing over and over again. The school is run down and dirty. I haven t yet determined if I like the academics and the teachers. The parental involvement is lacking. One of the first 9th grade parent meetings of the year had less than 10 parents in attendance. Parents definitely need to get involved in their children s education.

Last modified Kenwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.