Baltimore, MD
Students enrolled: 1,175

Posted February 11, 2015
All my teacher's are helpful and teach well in the class. Some of the classes, like televideo and photography, have up to date appliances and are very informative classes. The students here all mind their own business and I have seen little to no bullying. I have seen more fights and arguing in my former middle and elementary schools. Overall I am quite proud to be in this school!

Posted June 19, 2014
Lansdowne High School, I would like to praise the Teachers and Staff who work with the Academy of Finance Students. My office has had the privilege of hosting some of their students over the past 4 years and I find them to be intelligent, polite and genuine young people. Four of my own family members, in the last 10 years have graduated from Lansdowne. They are all doing very well in the this world we live in. I believe that parent need to step up and take responsibility for their children's education, become involved in school activities etc. and stop blaming the system.

Lansdowne High & Academy Of Finance 4

Posted December 05, 2013
I have had three children graduate and one more to go. All of my kids excelled in Lansdowne! They all play/played sports, are very active on committees. We had one issue with my youngest being "jumped" by some other kids (not on property, but by LHS students) and LHS handled it very professionally and proficiently. I receive email updates and communication from teachers often. I'm tired of hearing the bad things about this school. As parents, get involved. Your child's success depends first on his home life. And, by working together with teachers, your child can definitely succeed.

Posted March 30, 2012
So far so good especially with the new principal. The teachers respond to emails less than 24 hours. Parents are notified of any absence of their children and a note is required from the parents. Their website is wonderful especially the Edline where you can monitored your child's progress. Honestly speaking, the success of your child should be a combination of teachers, the school authority, and the parents.

Lansdowne High & Academy Of Finance 1

Posted February 21, 2012
This school is horrible. It's a gang infested, drug infested environment, similar to the neighborhood it's in. Children are constantly bullied, and jumped at this school.There's no air conditioning in the classrooms, but the administration office has it. The school is run down, and in desperate need of repair. I've had 3 children graduate from this school, and currently have one child still there.. It's gone from bad to worse, since my oldest graduated in 1995. I don't recommend it for anyone new to the area.

Lansdowne High & Academy Of Finance 1

Posted June 28, 2011
I have two son' s that attended this school the staff can be rude and no one helps you always the run around. The school isn't kept no bathroom doors for privacy for the boys bathroom. I thank God attest one of my kids graduated. Now I have one child to go the school is heavily gang populated that I am afraid to send my child to school teachers are being released because if budget cuts and we wonder why our kids suffer in academics. The Assistant Principal is the worse she judges you before even getting to know the individuals she assumes because kids walk home together in a group you are a gang and I had to ask are you a Delta or anything like that she says yes I asked when you meet with your soro sisters are you considered a gang she said no As long as I checked a group of kids walking home that live in the same neighborhood is not a gang.She made it a point to remove my son from school to spite the parents comment also I must have hit home with that one

Posted May 28, 2009
Below average school. No communication between parents and school with regards to student. Someone should look into this school and straighten it out.

Posted April 15, 2008
My child has been attending Lansdowne High for 4 years AOF and in the beginning she was a little over taken by the accountablity that this program puts on the students but I am happy to say it's because the teachers care. The teachers have pushed so hard that she has went from all standard class to Honor/AP with all A's and B's and will be attending college in the fall.

Posted April 08, 2008
I must say that as a parent I have heard good and bad things about this school. My daughter goes there now, and I have been very pleased. I imagine it is not unlike many other schools, it has its good and bad. I think it really depends on the crowd your child chooses to hang out with. I had read other posts where indicating difficulty reaching teachers or couselors. I have had no problem and they have been all very helpful.

Posted April 01, 2008
I went to Lansdowne growing up, and now my son attends. The school has improved so much in the last 6 yrs. The faculty really care about the children. My son enjoys it very much and I am very happy he goes there. Lansdowne has gotten many bad raps over the years, but it is actually a very good school.

3800 Hollins Ferry Rd, Baltimore, MD  21227
Last modified Lansdowne High & Academy Of Finance is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lansdowne High & Academy Of Finance Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top