Bad
Good

My child in in GT and in magnet program. While some kids on regular classes have some attutide, other kids keep thier mind straight. Great teachers in all grade levels. If kid wants to have good grades- he/she can do it.

In 2014 my daughters both started their experience at LRTA in the middle of the school year because we moved from the county. After a week at the school my daughters liked it. Once incident occurred with a male student off the bus and I contacted the school. Mrs. Johnson quickly responded and handled the situation. I haven't had a issue since. The Art teacher saw the talent in my daughter and advocated for her to be in GT Art for the next school year even though the cut off had passed. My daughter who struggled with math for many years grew to a B average because her teacher took the time to invest in her. Both of my daughters have had great experiences at LRTA. Both are in classes that challenge them. The music program is awesome. There is no perfect school, they all have their issues with student's, parent's and teacher's. I love LRTA and I can't wait for my son to arrive.

All schools have some issues, but this school doesn't get the credit it deserves for the positive things. Most people focus on the few negative things. Loch Raven Academy is a great school with many positive things going on. If you want to see some of the positive things going on follow them on twitter. They are @LochRavenAcad.

We were optimistic about this school when we first started. Seeing what happens even in the GT program, where students are unruly and teachers spend more time disciplining than educating, we have had to change our assessment. Bullying and theft are a problem in the school. The school suffers from a lack of parent and student concern and involvement, which teachers and the administration seem to be fighting with little to no success.

This school is great. The community tends to have a perception of the school that is based on the past. The magnet programs are awesome and so are the teachers and the leadership.

My daughter attends this school and loves it. There are bully issues but she has not faced any herself. I'm not sure that academically the school is maintaining the skill level of students entering the school over time. I looked at the test scores and see an interesting trend that students in 6th grade were doing well and by the time they get to the 8th grade they are doing worse in terms of percent proficient. Be careful how you view rising test scores. Compare 2012 sixth grade proficiency to their subsequent proficiency in 2013 7th grade. They are losing ground. Sixth grade is still a benefit from elementary. Something is amiss and I am concerned my daughter may lose what was gained in elementary if the instruction is not preparing the students. My daughter has complained that some teachers are not effective. They don't make sure students understand. It's hard to get help from the same person who is confusing you. I have to teach my child at home sometimes what teachers are not making clear. This school could be great if parents advocate for their students.

Loch Raven Tech Academy is a good school that could be great. However, there is a BIG problem with bullying and the administration tends to ignore the problem and good students suffer. Some have even transfered out!

My son is currently in 8th grade. It is well managed and challenge the kids to excel. The growth in test scores is fantastic and the kids are happy.

I went here and I loved it..... except for it's long hallways lol. Some teachers were great. I miss it.

This my daughter's first year here and so far so good. I really like that they encourage the children to come back and get their grades changes if they aren't good. They offer every opportunity for them to get higher grade. Much different from when I went to school.

Last modified Loch Raven Technical Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.