Bad
Good

The Green School of Baltimore is a small intentional community that creates joy every single day. As you enter the school, you pass a canoe-turned-flowerbed, tall sunflowers, and a quirky mailbox. The children have recess and gym every day and grow a garden. A class called Farm to Table teaches "brave eating," encouraging kids to try new foods. There's a mindful no-homework policy. In 3rd grade, the kids learn handwork. On Fridays, the school has rotating clubs during the school day, such as mosaic making, weaving, gym games, dance, and hiking in the nearby park. There are after school clubs and a well-run after care program. Social emotional learning is woven into the curriculum and fabric of the school. Every family is known by name. The school holds communal events, such as a chili jamboree in the fall, when people gather for potluck, a music jam, and fellowship. Despite limited funding given the school's small size, it really is a special community that the principal and dedicated staff has carefully cultivated. Every child in Baltimore deserves the education offered at GSB.

Our youngest is still at the Green School(GS), while our oldest has gone on to Middle School and is excelling in advanced math and science classes. We are proud to be GS parents and thankful that both our children have been raised in this academic family. The staff is wonderful and caring. I could not have payed for a better education for my budding scientists.

THIS SCHOOL IS AMAZING. I sent my child here for the kindergarten and we are anxiously looking forward to the 1st grade. The teacher quality, principal leadership and parent involvement has exceeded my expectations. THIS ISN'T JUST A SCHOOL, IT A FAMILY.

I absolutely love this school. It's our first year with my son in kindergarten. I am constantly impressed with the small town community feel I get from the staff and families. The amount of attention these students receive is amazing.

Great school is an understatement! we love this school. It is my sons first year and he is so excited every morning and can't wait to get to school.

Both my children attend The Green School of Baltimore, which is now in its 5th year (Fall 2010), has grades K - 5th and about 150 students. In our second year at this school, I am very happy with our experience, and count myself lucky to have my kids attending this school. The teachers are very hard-working and dedicated. The school prides itself on caring for the social and emotional development of students as well as teaching academics. As a parent, I like this simply because it creates a supportive atmosphere throughout the school. One of my favorite aspects of the school is the focus on literacy - both reading and writing. My kids have shown have shown tremendous growth in literacy since attending GSB. My son's favorite part of the school, however, is physical education and recess every day!

My son's attended The Green School of Baltimore for 3 years now. The administration really cares about its mission of project-based learning and its students. They are still trying to find their way and there are some inconsistencies, but the environment is a wonderful atmosphere for learning. I don't think I could have found a better place for my child.

Last modified The Green School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.