Middleborough Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 334 students

Posted January 6, 2014

I went to this school as a child and still remember a lot of the teachers that I had there and how much of an impact they made on my education and life. I end going to deep creek middle school even though I got accepted into Parkville but this did not deter me me in my education, I went out to go to Eastern Tech and graduated from Towson a few years ago. Middleborough was a great start in my education!

Posted August 22, 2013

We love this school! It is a smaller, community-oriented school. The teachers and staff are very friendly, and are interested in what is going on with each child as an individual. The school also has a very active PTA, and people are always willing to help out.

Posted November 12, 2011

I have two daughters that attend Middle borough Elementary and I wouldn't have them anywhere else. I love everything about this school

Posted July 24, 2011

Middlebourgh Elementary was a tremendous experience for both my daugther, who recently graduated from Stevenson University and my wife who spend over 10 years as a volunteers, PTA official and an IA at Middlebourgh. The only bitter sweat experience was that although my wife was the most qualified (only IA with an AA Degree) the only IA persuing her BA in Special Education, and the only IA that was rated Outstanding on her annual reviews, she was bumped when the cut backs came due strictly because of seniority. This was not an administrative decision but a union mandate. One day when performance out ranks union mandates Middlebourgh will be even a better learning institution.

Posted April 12, 2010

this school has provided my son a healthy and caring environment to help him succeed with his education.

Posted September 29, 2009

Great teachers and great kids.

Posted September 22, 2009

I have been teaching 5th grade in the same room at Middleborough Elementary for 43 years. I have remained here my entire career. The community, the students, and the staff have been a second family to me. The parents and entire community are so supportive of everythng we do to help their children. The students are so eager to learn and appreciative of all that we try to do for them. The staff has always been cooperative and fun to work with. They share ideas and work together to further the education of the students in our care. I have enjoyed every day that I woke up and drove to Middleborough to work with my students. It was never a job, I loved all aspects of my teacher/student endeavors. I will miss it immensely when I retire.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 22, 2009

I have been teachign at this school for 6 years and it is a wonderful place. Full of amzing teachers and equally amazing students.

Posted September 22, 2009

Our school has wonderful school spirit. The students are well behaved and respectful.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 21, 2009

Middleborough Elementary School has the best teacher, parents, faculty and staff. Each and everyone of them understand that all the work done within the school is for one purpose, the children. They make it known that each and every child prosper not only educationally, but socially, spiritually, and mentally. They understand that each child has a future that is undetermined yet. They all strive to give each child all the tools needed to grow and to help them determine who they want to be. MES teaches the children and parents that there is no limit to what a child can do.

Posted December 18, 2008

The kids are what makes this school great. They are some of the hardest working little people I know. They take what they are given from the teachers and fly with it. If the adults in the school would let things go, the school would be more productive on the parent-teacher side of things. Middleborough has wonderful teachers and a wonderful parent base. If we as adults took what this school has, like the children have, and used every resource it would be great.

Posted December 17, 2008

The school is great as far as the teachers and the staff go. However, the website is not updated, the Pta took forever to get started this year. The school needs to get into the 2008-2009 ages, we need internet information and a great PTA.

Posted June 15, 2007

This is a training school for principals and assistant principals, meaning they come and go so frequently.

Posted September 26, 2006

Middleborough school is absolutley wonderful. Teachers are very caring and informative. The new principle is tough. Just what we need!

Posted June 19, 2006

We have been very happy with Middleborough. The teacher's are great and my children are very happy.

Posted July 6, 2005

I have to attest also to the 5th grade family exodous (June 2005), primarily because of Deep Creek Middle School. Principals leadership, she like the teachers has her favorites and not so favorites. Teacher quality - the good ones are almost gone. Listen to parents of older kids about which teacher will cause your child stress. Extracurricular activites - none. Parent Involvement - if your child is the favorite, you'll be OK to volunteer but if not forget it. Safety and Discipline - video camera on front door and for discipline the Assistant Principal tends to deal with that, hence the constant turnover in assistant principals. Overall Quality if you can get pass the 'superiority attitude we know more than you about your child' you should be OK. You are responsible for your child's education, if something doesn't seem right, question it.

Posted June 7, 2005

This school is great but be prepared to do something when your child gets to 5th grade. Many families who have pulled their younger children out because their 5th grader has to go to Deep Creek Middle. 25% move, another 25% send their child to a private school, some try their best to get special exceptions and others do their best to get into Parkville Middle Magnet program. As with all school you have great teachers and then you have some teachers that don't have children or boys and they really lash out on them. As for parental involvement I tried to be involved but some teachers discouraged it. Tends to go through Assistant Principals like water.

Posted May 5, 2005

My son has been at Middleborough since Pre-K. The teachers are wonderful,caring and truely encouraging to the students. My son has acheived so much just in his first three years at this school it is unbelievable. This is my first and only choice for my daughter who will be attending in two years. I just wish that Middleborough went to grade 12. The whole staff is wonderful and they are truely dedicated to our children.

Posted November 23, 2004

I used to go to this school but I moved when I was a child. I am still in school (high school) but if I cold go back I would take that chance. This is a great school for children. There is so many things to do at this school. I want to tell everyone hello and I miss all of you!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 13, 2004

Our grandchildren go to this school and it has been a rewarding experience for them. The principa lis a wonderful problem solver, and takes a great interest in the children. The teachers are very dedicated.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2014.

58 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2014.

43 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Maryland used the Maryland School Assessment (MSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The MSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2014.

68 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2014.

68 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 89% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 64% in 2014.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 47%N/A42%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students School counslor
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Language learning

Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Level of special education programming offered
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered

Staff resources available to students
  • School counslor

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Join PTO/PTA

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

313 West Rd