Baltimore, MD

Posted August 10, 2014
As a Christian mother of 5 beautiful children, I want to ensure that my children are getting the best education possible. That is why they have all been enrolled at this wonderful Christ-centered school since Pre-K. They focus on not just developing a student through their educational potential, but also through their spiritual needs. They help identify God-given gifts and provide many avenues for my children to showcase these talents. Finding a safe haven for my children to be supported as the grow was a top priority for me as a parent and it is also important to the teachers and administration at this wonderful school. Individualized attention and honest interactions between teachers and parents are a cornerstone at this facility. They believe in family first, and because of this ideal, emphasis is placed where it belongs in child-rearing: the Home. I am grateful that my children have been blessed with a nurturing yet challenging environment and recommend this school to all that I know.

Posted January 13, 2014
This school lacks the cores responsibilities of a teaching institution. Please note, this school is NOT ACCREDITED, so it has no check and balance system that you would receive from other facilities. Due the Christ-centered classroom, don't expect your children to know complex science, but do expect them to know their hymns. Truthfully, I was extremely disappointed in the quality of learning. On the note of staff. This school is run on the whim of one individual, the principle. He sets the boundaries and expectations, which vary wildly from student to student. The teachers, if you can call them that, are nice, but extremely uneducated, which, as a parent is quite concerning. The class size is small and tuition is reasonable, which is the only reason my kids ever went there. Thankfully we were able to remove them before any real damage to their learning was done. Don't be swayed by their cheap tuition, there is a reason it is so cheap!

Posted November 26, 2013
I am very impressed with this school. My daughter is in Pre-K and its only November and she can READ!!!! The kids respect their teachers and know how to act. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted July 08, 2013
Dedicated staff that sincerely care about the students. They go above and beyond to help not only the students but the families as well. Christ-centered with dress standards for the uniform as girls skirts, boys pants and a collared shirt. (Most private schools have this standard). I am very impressed with the education that is always trying to advance and excell the students. They have many activities outside of school, and a good sports program. Their focus is to teach students to live for God by helping others and strengthen families. Highly recommend checking this school out!

Posted January 24, 2011
My children attended this school and some of the good points are small class sizes, uniforms, family environment, tuition prices are reasonable, Environment is friendly. Bad points are discipline techniques (children asked to stand and hold books for a period of time out to their sides) no school nurse on site, no type of counselor to help with a child that has ADHD or any other type of learning problem, parents that attend school trips with their child MUST wear a skirt or dress to attend, and finally poor leadership in the principle. This school is considered no more than a homeschool program. Sports programs offered are of poor quality.

Posted October 26, 2010
As a mother of a 7yr old daughter, the Aunt of a 4yr old neice, and the god-mother of a 12yr old daughter who all attend Calvary Baptist School and have been for 3yrs, I'd first like to say the education they are getting is priceless. My god-daughter went to public school till 4th grade when she switched to Calvary she was a year and a half behind, that is how advanced the education is. As for the other comment I find it extremley hard to believe that for one offense the child was expelled. Calvary has a demerit system. You would be informed each time your child recieves one . As far as the skirts i am glad my girls will be dressing respectful. I love what this school stands for and everyone should check it out if they want a higher education for there child.

Posted June 26, 2010
My son was given no prior suspensions before being expelled for calling someone a jerk. If you agree with ladies wearing a skirt and following leadership of a man than this is the school for you. I highly discourage you from enrolling your child here.

Posted March 24, 2010

Calvary Baptist School
7321 Manchester Rd, Baltimore, MD  21222
Last modified Calvary Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Baptist School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top