Bad
Good

My son was referred to this school initially after being expelled for behavior concerns. He was later diagnosed with having Aspergers. Even after we tried to educate the school on " how he works" and eventually get a plan put in place to help him which was designed by Crossroads, they refused to follow it and continually failed to try and help him. I was constantly pushed to the side when I had concerns, yet they had no problems addressing their concerns and wanting to know how I was going to fix it. They see him as having a successful year although he is having more outbursts and shutting down this year only because his "numbers" were good. Even after addressing my concerns of what has been going on with the Administrator, I was told he would no longer talk to me about my issues. My sons grades have not improved , his behavior has gotten worse and they feel he had a good year.

Stable environment with caring supportive teachers and staff. Crossroads promotes good behavior through positive rewards. My son went from having failing grades last year to now being on Honor Roll for the first time in 5 years. This year he helped out with collecting food and coats for the needy children, and it taught him the act of giving back to the unfortunate. The staff at this school also held an interview process that allowed my son to get hired for a job within the school to earn school dollars. He takes his job very seriously - so much so, he tells me, "Mom, I can't be late for school or I will be late to my job". The guidance staff are wonderful too, they talk with my son often about his goals and he is for the first time beginning to get the big picture of good grades being the beginning of making his own choices for the future. He has sat down and talked to me about his interest in attending a Magnet school in the near future, "Once I stay at Honor Roll level for a while Mom". Wow, what an improvement since attending Crossroads Center. I cannot thank the teachers and staff enough for giving my son his confidence back in regards to getting good grades.

Last modified Crossroads Center is a Public school that serves grades 7-10