Baltimore, MD

Posted September 03, 2014

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance 2

Posted August 26, 2014
I am in the enrollment process for my niece to attend Overlea High for the 2014 school year. Since she's my niece and I do not have custody, I had a few extra steps to take to enroll her, however, I executed well on all the requirements, but it seemed as though things were going too well for one individual, who at the last minute through a wrench in the progress and pulled others into her mess. She called me rude, yelled at me, then stormed out of the difficult conversation she started. Needless to say, after all the hurdles and due diligence on my part, I'm still waiting to confirm my niece's enrollment and instructions.

Posted August 17, 2014
Overlea is the best school you can go to, if you are looking for a sense of community! The teachers care about the students and work overtime to help them out!

Posted August 18, 2011
The news portrays Overlea High as an aweful school. I am currently a senior ehre and have been in this school all four years now. I came in scared, but the teachers were welcoming. Th teachers push the students to reach their fullest potential, walk them through the college application process, and participate in almost every afterschool activity. The most reviews are based on how the few careless students act, where in reality Overlea has many dedicated, strong-minded students that will succeed in anything we do. The magnet program teaches the financial basics that can apply to anyone, not just people looking into business. Our principal and vice principals speak the truth to the students. They come on trips with us. Overlea has an environment that just invites the students in. I am happy to be an Overlea Falcon. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance 4

Posted September 22, 2010
For many years I had heard not so good things about Overlea and vowed that I would not send my son there. After attending a local magnet school for 9th and 10th grades we switched him to Overlea which is his home school. My son has been much happier there and has re-bonded with kids he has grown up with and likes every one of his teachers. During his 2nd & 3rd semesters last year his GPA was 4.0 and for the year it was 3.83. He is now a senior who is also attenting college in the Parallel Education Program. No school is without problems but as you can see, my opinion has changed. As long as my son is happy and thriving, I am happy.

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance 2

Posted June 15, 2010
This school has alot of potiental , however the principle and vice principle are reall y not involed enough. I think the out of district children who are not to suppose to be attending Overlea make It difficult.

Posted May 31, 2010
Excellent school for students who are very serious about academics. I really enjoyed my experiences at Overlea.

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance 3

Posted May 08, 2007
The teachers at this school are extremely dedicated. Many of them are involved with afterschool programs and are willing to give up their own time in order to help students succeed. They cannot control whether or not students take advantage of it or not.

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance 1

Posted April 27, 2007
Very unsafe school. No involvementt from teachers and staff. We are moving just so my children do not any longer have to attent this horrible school. Parents Please do not send your children to this school. There isn`t anything good about it at all. We love Overlea, but are so strong about not sending our kids to this school we are leaving overlea so we don`t have to. Please parents if you want your children to learn, be happy, safe and successful, please do not choose Overlea.

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance 3

Posted October 30, 2006
I think Overlea has great potential, it has the JROTC program, the Academy of Finance and the HVAC program, these are all great avenues for kids to get involved in and learn some skills. However, I also am disappointed, It has been difficult to communicate w/ teachers and guidance counsellors, once I actually contact them, I am fine with their responses. I also found a huge lack of parental support - last year I went to my son's concert and was shocked at how few parents attended. I think with some joined effort on everyone's part, Overlea could be an awesome High School.

Overlea High & Academy Of Finance
5401 Kenwood Ave, Baltimore, MD  21206
Last modified Overlea High & Academy Of Finance is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Overlea High & Academy Of Finance Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top