Posted March 21, 2014
Afya is awesome. The teachers really care and they are always accessible to parents at any time. The curriculum is geared to each student and parents are always kept abreast of their child's progress! I wish they would hurry and add a high school!!

Posted March 04, 2014
I can't say enough about this school my son had been here for all three as of this schools the staff ther are phenomenal. Mrs Siao especially. You have access to tthe teachers any time. The part I love is they don't just criticize they inform you when your child is doing well. The teachers really put their all into these kids and you don't find that in to many schools anymore. My daughter has been accepted there and I wouldn't want her to go to any other school. Thank you Afya!!!

Posted October 09, 2013
This school is Awesome. My daughter has excelled all around. The school offers several clubs and a free after school program. They monitor the students fitness progress at the beginning and end of each school year. The academics is very challenging. Proud Afya Parent.

Posted April 28, 2012
Afya public charter school is a great middle school located in northeast baltimore. the school offers excellent academics, a greate physical education program every day, and excellent dedicated teachers. My son is in the 7th grade at Afya and he is doing great. I have access to his teachers at all times via emails or their personal cell phones. He has an excellent math teacher in ms Bowman and the principal and all staff are great. 95% of the 8th grade graduates from Afya have been accepted at city wide school (poly, city college high school, Dunbar, Cristo Rey, Mervo etc) I love Afya and would advise any parent lookin for a quality middle centered on excellence to try Afya.

Posted April 19, 2011
Afya is a great school! My daughter began the 6th grade there (the first ever class of Afya) and has done wonderfully academically. She's been on the Honor Roll every semester, scored in the 95% range on the State standarized test and won awards in the National Academic League. I believe Afya helped her achieve all that. My daughter was accepted to City College and she has classmates going to Poly, Western and other acclaimed high schools. Yes, Afya stresses health and fitness but their staff and academic programs are AWESOME as well!

Posted October 24, 2010
My son has only been at Afya for 2 months, but so far I have to say it is a very loving and caring school. The level of physical activity (lots of it every day) is perfect for my son, but I think that all middle school children would benefit from this. They understand that each child is different and work with them to achieve their best. The teachers may not have a lot of years of experience, but they have a lot of commitment. I am very happy that we have found this school.

Posted August 18, 2010
Afya is a very good school they treat everyone fairly. They dont just choose one child and say "oh shes a faliure i cant help her" They make sure the student gets the help they need. Make afya your choice

Posted August 18, 2010
I find the review submitted by the "student" very untrue. I have volunteered at Afya off and on for the last 2 years and have seen nothing but students engaged in learning, having fun, and teachers who would give anything to see their students' succeed. I suggest anyone who wants to see a quality middle school in Baltimore City to stop by Ayfa or just compare their MSA scores to any other middle school.

Posted July 21, 2010
My son started Afya this past School year, and we both love it. I love the fact that the kids don't have to wait in order to have some sort of physical activity. They get to release that energy everyday, which then gives them the opportunity to focus on their school work. My son is doing great academically as well. All of his grades were 90 or above. I am so happy that we chose Afya!

Afya Public Charter Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2010
I don't like this school. The teachers are uncaring and very unfair. They treat one student better than the other. I have been attending Afya for 2 years now and i will be soon transferring too another school because of the unfairness and the lack of respect. The teachers don't really help a student in a subject if they know you need it. Also what i do like about this school is that the students are very nice and they also have some pretty awesome clubs that you can attend. But be warned of what you have to go through before you let your child attend this school.

Afya Public Charter Middle School
2800 Brendan Ave, Baltimore, MD  21213
Last modified Afya Public Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Afya Public Charter Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top