Posted December 10, 2013
Please visit other schools instead of sending your child here. This school is not there to teach and help your child. Instead the teachers '5th' grade teachers take pride in FAILING your child. If your child is failing parents are not notified nor is extra credit given. They do not offer after school or recess coach classes. Please reconsider before sending your child to Imagine Discovery on Whitehead Road or there 5th grade. not offer after school or recess coach classes. Please reconsider before sending your child to Imagine Discovery on Whitehead Road or there 5th grade.

Imagine Discovery Charter School 3

Posted September 02, 2013
This is my children's first year at Imagine Discovery, my friend's son attended last year. I had heard both positive and negative feedback about the school, but just like life everything has positives and negatives. The first day of school went well, but the dismissal process was chaotic. However, by the 3rd day of school, dismissal ran smoother and the time it took to receive my children was reduced by half. Although, I didn't like how long the dismissal process took, I greatly appreciated the work of the staff and receiving my children hand delivered to me safely at my car. I am expecting great things this year, and looking forward to being involved. I researched the test scores in particular for 3rd and 4th grade and the test scores were within a 4% margin of the 3rd and 4th grade test scores from the school with the highest scores of the elementary schools in the area. I rate the school with 3 stars for a good start, I am hopeful that the stars will increase by the end of the year. Imagine Discovery has great potential. Parents, Staff children lets work together!

Posted September 01, 2013
Imagine Discovery has a new Principal, a new Assistant Principal, and a returning Vice Principal. Imagine Discovery seems to be starting on the right foot. The 1st day was hectic, but what 1st day isn't? I am looking forward to the new leadership at Imagine. This year Imagine had "sneak -a-peak", going to your childs classroom and meeting their teachers. Imagine Discovery did a gradual entry for the kindergarten students. Imagine gets a kudos for that, teacher met with students one on one , also met with parents and created a welcoming environment. Imagine Discovery is a Chartered School parents have to be involved. We can't expect the Principal's and the Teachers to do alone, we have to volunteer and invest in our Scholars!!

Posted February 08, 2012
My child has attended Imagine Discovery since kindergarten, and I have been satisfied with the experience here, thus far. There have been "bumps" along the way, of course. Imagine Discovery was designed to evolve into a K-8 model, with a grade added each year through the 8th grade, thus the middle school. There was never a promise, that I can recall, that the school would not go beyond the 5th grade. If you can find the one perfect school, please post it on "Great Schools," I am sure everyone would love to know. The whole premise behind a charter school is parental involvement. If you see a need in the school, then lend your time and talents to assist and bring about a positive change. Parents cannot rely solely on the school to do everything. If you are unhappy with the status of the school, there is always the option to help make it better or go elsewhere. The Principal takes the time to listen, and he is trying to do what he can to help the school continue to improve. I have encountered some wonderful and creative teachers at Imagine who care about the children and do the best they can to instruct them. Remember, "Rome was not built in a day."

Posted February 02, 2012
My child had attended Imagine Discovery since the doors opened and I am disappointed by the performance overall. The promise to keep classes small is not happening, and to not go beyond the 5th grade. I am not aware of an after school tutoring program. Having Edline is a joke, it's not up to date and the assignments need to be posted so that we the parents can see what's going on to be able to help at home more. I feel that it would make homework easier for both the parent to review the classwork and maybe even print it out to have at home. The best thing is that the school has a new Principal.

Posted January 30, 2012
Unsatisfactory! I'm a parent of a child that has attended since the school opened. My child will definitely not be attending next year. I am currently registering my child in a private school. I would not recommend this school to anyone looking for a better school for their child(ren). I made the mistake of taking my child from a good public school to what I thought would be a superior education at a charter school. I honestly felt like this school would serve as a private school experience for a public school price. I'm an active parent. I volunteer. I'm in the PTA. I attend meetings and offer suggestions. However it seems useless when the issues that existed since its opening havn't been corrected (even with a new principal). The problem is the administration. The front office needs to trim the fat of all the unproductive figure heads(secretary, volunteer coordinator and assistant secretaries). The teachers are working hard to make the school stand but the administration is absolutely no help. This school needs a major overhaul to improve. Their only focus is on the numbers to provide funding. Nothing more, nothing less. The teachers and students are caught in the crossfire.

Imagine Discovery Charter School 3

Posted July 13, 2011
I am a teacher at ID. I have been here since the opening and have hoped things will get better each year. In some ways things have gotten better. I do know our teachers are outstanding and we work very hard, even tutoring after school to help our struggling students. Our admin are not the greatest but we are getting a new principal this coming year. We are beginning a school wide behavior plan this year. I am hopeful that we are going to become better than we have ever imagined. I hope our parents will work with us and help create a wonderful environment for our kids.

Posted July 12, 2011
I am a very involved parent and must say that I was happy when my daughter was selected to attend this school during her 4th grade year. I really liked the Core Knowledge Curriculum. We had good experiences with her teachers and they were very willing to assist in any way possible. My issues were with the administration. i.e.: Lack of communication with parents; benchmark testing students without notifying parents; requirement to make appointments to speak with the principal; not being able to get into the building during before care; the principal not being open to suggestions; the inability to purchase another building for the middle school and many other issues. Needless to say, I was tired of the battles and my child did not attend this school during her 5th grade year. We had a wonderful 2010-2011 school year. I was glad to hear that this school has a new administrator because there was a need for a change.

Posted June 03, 2011
My child was one of the first students to attend the school. Academically the school is outstanding, all of my child's teachers have been highly qualified, trained, and certified. As with ANY school there are going to be issues,. The demographic of the area is not very diverse, which is a shame, children learn so much from each other as well as the teachers. It is the responsibility of a school to teach the whole child, and to expand on the good beginning that the children's PARENTS began at home. It is not the schools responsibility to be a parent to the students. If you want acedemics that are far above the traditional public school, come to Imagine. As the school grows, hopefully the small issues will be worked out. If you are complaining about the school, join the PTA or HSA and make a difference, don't just sit there and whine about it. Parents and schools are a partnership, not a babysitting service.

Posted April 12, 2011
I must say it's unfortunate that the majority of the reviews are negative, but true. Tearchers yell at the children in their faces, they don't have experience with multi-cultural backgrounds. There is not enough room for children to expell their energy, many get detention but they run in the small playground. The prinipal is nice, but doesn't discipline her staff when they are out of order. I never had a problem with the administrative, but I've heard plenty of complaints. My child has been in Imagine since it opened and will not be returning for 6th grd. Imagine needs a stronger principle that will not take foolishness from the student's as well as the staff (teachers and administration). The responsibility can not fall solely on Imagine we as parents must do our part. Overall from a scale from 1 - 10 I give Imagine a 4 1/2.

Imagine Discovery Charter School
1726 Whitehead Rd, Baltimore, MD  21207
Last modified Imagine Discovery Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imagine Discovery Charter School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top