Sudbrook Magnet Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted March 10, 2009

I'm currently in eighth grade at at Sudbrook and I have to cay that the teachers are excellent and the performing arts are advanced as we play music meant for high schools and have gotten to the state festival almost every year except this year where the orchestra didn't make it and the chorus and the band and chorus have not gone yet. Mr. Mitroff is the BEST conductor in the WORLD!!! don't like the uniforms though

Posted March 2, 2009

The school needs to modernize, the dress code becomes frustrating and causes extea money to wash the same clothes. THE SCHOOL IS NOT COOL!

Posted February 3, 2009

I am still going to sudbrook now. It is my first year. I have to say it is the best school ever. We are like no other school. Most Middle schools do baby play we have adult plays. I LOVE MY TEACHER MR.TILLER. He rocks. I am so happy that I applied here and because of this school I will do great in high school and college.

Posted January 24, 2009

sudbrook is the best but the only thing i dont like is that you can see the plummbing on the roof. The uniforms are great and the lunch menu is delisious!

Posted January 9, 2009

i am still currently going to this school and i must say that it is the best school ever its warm enviorment and we all worked hard to get here we have a lot of extra things going on with us unlike most middle schools with our magnet program i must say sudbrook magnet middle school is the best school evah!

Posted October 31, 2008

Sudbrook is a five star school. This is my first year there and I have learned so much . I love Sudbrook!!!!!!!!

Posted October 1, 2008

hi i am currently enrolled at sudbrook mms this is my third in final year (GO 09') in my years of going here i have gained so much knowledge and warmth out of learning yes i admitt that first year was quite difficult but the fact of the matter is i felt my self growing in knowledge . without sudbrook i would not be the person i am today I LOVE U SMMS

Posted August 27, 2008

i think that sudbrook is real shructure and is a grat school but with a lot of kids and its really nice because i go there and its a good school

Posted January 19, 2008

Sudbrook has given my daughter an experience that's worth a lifetime! class of 2008 is great! 'go Morgan & Briana'

Posted January 18, 2008

o.k i guess i am saying it because i am a student but it is a good school. it could live with out a few rules and teachers there but its good. i am in 7th grade there and know people in algebra 2.

Posted December 29, 2007

I currently attend Sudbrook now and think it is great. I have been in 3 Sudbrook shows (The Diary of Anne Frank, FAME, and Fools). These Broadway worthy shows are directed by the fabulous Garry Tiller. I am also involved in Student Council and Peer Helpers. Sudbrook is a good environment for learning and the staff supports and encouraging us (the students). If you want your child in a good school this is the school to go to.

Posted December 25, 2007

I rate this school at 10.

Posted December 4, 2007

This is the best school in Baltimore county. These children are headed to a great future

Posted September 27, 2007

I am extremely impresed by this school. The academic and GT programs are excellent as well as the magnets that are offered. The teachers are very accessible via e-mail or phone.

Posted June 20, 2007

eight sudbrook students,7&8 graders, received John Hopkins University/ Center for Talented Youth 2007 Awards for scoring higher than the average college-bound twelfth grade student on the SAT or ACT. By my count more Sudbrook sudents were awarded than any other middle school, public or private that attended ceremony, Maryland-North. Sudbrook is not perfect, but it exceeded my expectations.

Posted May 23, 2007

It is nice but not helpful when people who didn't like something about the school don't offer any feedback. As a parent I am a witness to the high standard of education in Sudbrook. Mr. Tiller is very creative and has great productions. As a student, I would like my child to have had the experience-and opportunity- of applause on stage. Not being picked ever has discouraged him greatly and doesn't want to audition anymore. Although in real life acting is a world of rejections I believe that at school one should have the chance to be onstage at least once to learn.

Posted May 5, 2007

I think that Sudbrook is an excellent school. It is a very good school for my child. She loves having a spcialty there!

Posted March 18, 2007

I attended Sudbrook through 8th grade, and I had the best time of my life. I go to Pikesville High School now, and I never knew that I could miss my middle school so much. The diversity was one of a kind,the teachers were excellent, and the overall spirit of the school was incredible. One of the most important things that I learned at Sudbrook was how to conduct yourself around others. Okay, I didn't completely learn that there, but since everyone conducted themselves so well, you pretty much had to act like an adult. It's an amazing sight to see the all of the immature students at my high school. I sincerely wish that I was surrounded by Sudbrook middle school kids.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 17, 2007

I am currently a student at Sudbrook, and it is the most amazing thing that ever happened to me. Iv'e definatly had the time of my life there! I have made so many amazing friends, and i get to do what i love, while getting the top notch academics. I have so many friends, and sudbrook has a really diverse environment. The teachers i have had are awesome. Send your kids there without a doubt. Sudbrook is great! (I am soglad i went there)

Posted January 11, 2007

There are not enough 'exciting' extracurricular activities for 6th graders. But other than that and the fact that some students are extremely ignorant towards both teachers and students, this is an excellent school. And the uniform is not really enforced. We are having the 3rd dress down day of the year. When my uncle went here, he said there were only one or two each year. But I like it that uniforms are not really enforced and we have many dress down days.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

359 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 84% in 2013.

357 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

332 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

332 students were tested at this school in 2013.

>=95%

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

306 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

306 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 71% in 2013.

305 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 33%N/A42%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
PE instructor(s)
Reading specialist(s)
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school

• Drama

School culture

• Chaperone school trips
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4300 Bedford Rd