Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school has the feel of a close community. Teachers are very attentive to the students to make them feel valued.

I graduated from here. It was a great school. Some kids were rowdy but others were quiet and did their work. The teachers were good. They knew what they were doing and were professional as well as the guidance counselors. I miss it.

When we moved to the Parkville area, everyone commented that if your kid didn't get into the magnet program, don't waste time sending him/her to Parkville High. Its reputation scared us. Our opinion has changed. After attending an elite high school outside our neighborhood and being miserable, our child asked to be transferred into Parkville High, as a regular student, not a magnet student. We were hesitant but...now we couldn't be happier. The teachers have responded to every email, the guidance office was fantastic with the transfer, communication between school and home is strong, the classes are challenging. Our child is minutes from school...4 minutes to be exact! Our child is learning, not being force fed information just for a test. We love the 4 class period schedule system per day (Why doesn't every high school do this!?) In a few years, college will be here and so will the real world. Parkville offers just that, choices for the future and a slice of what the real world is all about. We are thankful that we listened to our child. We now have a happy teenager living in our house, who just so happens to be excelling in school! Go Knights!

I loved this school when i attended, faculty is great an i had an amazing time and made friends that have lasted to this day !

The school has good teachers. The students are sometimes rowdy and need positive guidance but it is a great school.

as a resent graduate of this wonderful establishment, i can honestly say i had a wonderful time. I started off with mixed feelings about the school, but as the years went by, i realized what a wonderful school i had attended, especially compared to some of the other high schools. The school is so diverse with the nationalities of the many students and the personalties of the many people seemed to fit well. There is no such feeling of not belonging because there are many groups, organizations, and amazing people to get along with. The teachers are so amazing! They are always after school and are willing to help with educational and personal problems. 'P-Ville' High is an awesome school to be a member of.

As a junior at parkville, i can say i learn more everyday. All of my teachers are very educated and helping us to understand the lesson they prepare well. In our spirit at parkville is up to rate. We have alot of spirit this year. Even though out football team did not do there best this season we have basketball and we the best. The behavior have went down to the actions the staff had done by putting out trouble makers and sending them somewhere else where they can be a fool. && i read a comment about the northern students coming to parkville. I did attend northern my 9th grade year but i moved to the parkvilee area and i must say i have learned more then i ever could from that school could teach me. So don't try to put down another school b/c that is totally.

as a former student of parkville high school, I would rate it as very good. There are very dedicated teachers...and discipline has really stepped up this year..kids seem to behave alot more..I think with the new administration, Parkville has really stepped up

As a parent of a junior at Parkville and a Parkville Alumni, I believe Parkville still has some really great teachers. The principles of learning it had in the past still exist. There are a few teachers that don't have a clue and a few that have been too long in an environment of trying to control teens and are showing signs of wear. It will be good for new administration to enter the picture. School spirit does happen on a smaller scale and in a more cool quiet way. The guidance department needs to be more proactive. The magnet program and the AVID program, for the B-D student that need some college preparation, are an excellent part of what Parkville offers. Newsweek just a few months ago rated Parkville one of the top ten schools in Maryland.

I am disapointed in this school my child has went from a city school to a county school and it is not any different!

Last modified Parkville High & Center For Math/Science is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.