9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 01, 2015
I feel as a parent my daughter has learned valuable lessons in time management and accountability that are usually not experienced until they go to college. It is a fantastic option for students that are organized and self driven. The flexibility of her schedule has allowed her to travel and experience the world all the while getting an accredited formal transcripted high school education.

George Washington University Online High School 2

Posted June 30, 2015
my daughter had bad experience with AP Biology class 2012/2013,teacher not helpful, not competent in the subject ,not giving feed back, grading test could take 6 weeks, has to get the advisor to communicate our concern , compliant to the principle no much change, the same teacher later on we knew stop teaching Biology completely after my daughter lost the time and knowledge that she needed at that age..

George Washington University Online High School 1

Posted March 07, 2015
Horrific. "Attending" this school was the worst decision and I feel guilty every single day that my parents had to pay that asinine tuition. There are very few teachers, and for this reason, they all teach a multitude of subjects, in which they are evidently not all knowledgeable in. Overall the staff was just inattentive, indifferent, and unhelpful. Rather than explaining why a certain answer was incorrect, a common response was, "it just isn't right". Statistics teacher was especially horrible and lazy. Had to be reminded at least 6 times before actually doing something in the grade book, and was extremely unresponsive via k-mail/any other method. These teachers do not in any way fulfill the requirements to teach a class, which most likely explains why they are online school teachers, rather than real ones. The curriculum was ridiculous, causing students to spend too much time worrying about turning in their work, rather than actually learning the material. I will never stop feeling guilty for making my parents invest this amount of money for me to receive a terrible education. Sadly, I lost a valuable year of high school to a horrible institution. Definitely do not recommend.

George Washington University Online High School 1

Posted February 17, 2014
This program is nothing short of horrendous. The teachers are uninterested and rather unprofessional. When I'm in contact with a teacher regarding my student's work, I expect proper spelling, grammar, and a timely response, not to mention a direct answer to my question! These teachers don't seem to be slightly interested in the success of individual students and make no effort to reach out at any point. Aside from the lack of professionalism and drive I've experienced with the teachers, the actual computer program is practically useless. It is convoluted and unorganized with a disjointed layout that no teacher, administrator, or counselor seems to be able to navigate effectively. We've experience consistent technological issues in which my student would submit her work and the teachers would be unable to access it. Instead of reaching out when individual assignments were "late", the advisor contacted me days before the quarter deadline. I had assumed it was simply another case of lazy teachers taking excessive time to grade work, but none of them contacted myself or my student individually to address a problem. Unprofessional, uninterested, unorganized. Removing my student.

Posted September 10, 2013
We started at George Washington University Online High School a year ago when our daughter enrolled in 9th grade and this year our son enrolled in their new Middle School. The teachers are genuinly interested in having the students succeed academically as well as personally. Our daughter went on one of their field trips and loved it. We are feeling part of the school community. This is the best online option we could have hoped for to help our kids excel while being prepared for success later in life. Even though the school is still relatively young (they had their second graduating class in the spring of 2013), they have experienced and well trained teachers and staff that are eager to help parents as well as students.

Posted June 17, 2013
This school is incredible. I can't imagine a better option for those looking to do online schooling. So many options are available for courses and even clubs. Teachers/staff are always available for contact and are eager to help students should they be struggling in any way. This type of school system also makes it entirely possible to graduate and go to a great college like any other student in a "normal" school environment. Definitely an incredible experience and so worth it.

George Washington University Online High School
200 West Baltimore Street , Baltimore, MD  21201
(877) 382-2015
Last modified George Washington University Online High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
George Washington University Online High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top