Baltimore, MD
Students enrolled: 1,442

Posted July 30, 2014
In Patapsco every teacher cares for every student. Mr.McComb just won national teacher of the year. That's got to say something. The locker issue isn't a issue, they give each and every student a chance to get a locker that they will have for 4 years, if you don't take the opportunity it isn't their fault. They have great AP and Magnet programs. They are one of the few schools in Maryland to offer an AP class to freshman. As a current sophomore student who has taken AP as a freshman and now as sophomore , I get to see how challenging and rewarding AP is . I am also a member of their AVID program. The best way to describe AVID is like a family. Everyone is there for each other and is trying to help each other out. Patapsco has also just adopted the new FLEX lunch / free time. This give students the ability to get a break from classes. Take apart in clubs and groups that they might not have been able to because they ride a bus. FLEX is an hour where the students have time to study, do homework, talk with friends, join clubs, and/ or eat. I love my school. There`s never been a time that I doubted Patapsco.

Posted April 17, 2010
I am a student at trhis school and I love it. We are currently updating our school to its need and we have no over crowding problems . I had some problem with the bus but they worked it out and everything people say is wrong with this school is absolutely untrue

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted November 30, 2009

Posted October 27, 2009

Posted October 20, 2009
Terrible school for kids with special needs. The administration does not take the students' concerns serious and ends up blaming the kids.

Posted October 19, 2009
im currently a sophmore at phs and i love it here and insanely pround of all the magnets that it provides.

Posted October 13, 2009

Posted October 03, 2009
Its The BEST School EVER !They care about Every Student, No Matter what Disabilities they may have ! The Best Teachers and They make Learning FUN !

Posted September 22, 2009
Honestly, Patapsco is a great school. People are welcoming, its not cliquey, and its cracked down on all of its rules. For people who are saying they dont have lockers, this is definately a lie, besides, I don't even use a locker, and im a Sophomore in all advanced classes. Personally, since I moved there this year, i find this school is absolutely amazing. One of the best public schools in Baltimore. The bus issue, is stupid considering i had that issue too, and I now have a school bus. It takes time. I am also in the magnet program, where our dance teacher just earned an MSA award.

Patapsco High & Center For Arts
8100 Wise Ave, Baltimore, MD  21222
Last modified Patapsco High & Center For Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patapsco High & Center For Arts Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top