Baltimore, MD
Students enrolled: 1,442

Patapsco High & Center For Arts 5

Posted July 30, 2014
In Patapsco every teacher cares for every student. Mr.McComb just won national teacher of the year. That's got to say something. The locker issue isn't a issue, they give each and every student a chance to get a locker that they will have for 4 years, if you don't take the opportunity it isn't their fault. They have great AP and Magnet programs. They are one of the few schools in Maryland to offer an AP class to freshman. As a current sophomore student who has taken AP as a freshman and now as sophomore , I get to see how challenging and rewarding AP is . I am also a member of their AVID program. The best way to describe AVID is like a family. Everyone is there for each other and is trying to help each other out. Patapsco has also just adopted the new FLEX lunch / free time. This give students the ability to get a break from classes. Take apart in clubs and groups that they might not have been able to because they ride a bus. FLEX is an hour where the students have time to study, do homework, talk with friends, join clubs, and/ or eat. I love my school. There`s never been a time that I doubted Patapsco.

Patapsco High & Center For Arts 5

Posted April 17, 2010
I am a student at trhis school and I love it. We are currently updating our school to its need and we have no over crowding problems . I had some problem with the bus but they worked it out and everything people say is wrong with this school is absolutely untrue

Patapsco High & Center For Arts 1

Posted October 20, 2009
Terrible school for kids with special needs. The administration does not take the students' concerns serious and ends up blaming the kids.

Posted October 19, 2009
im currently a sophmore at phs and i love it here and insanely pround of all the magnets that it provides.

Posted October 03, 2009
Its The BEST School EVER !They care about Every Student, No Matter what Disabilities they may have ! The Best Teachers and They make Learning FUN !

Posted September 22, 2009
Honestly, Patapsco is a great school. People are welcoming, its not cliquey, and its cracked down on all of its rules. For people who are saying they dont have lockers, this is definately a lie, besides, I don't even use a locker, and im a Sophomore in all advanced classes. Personally, since I moved there this year, i find this school is absolutely amazing. One of the best public schools in Baltimore. The bus issue, is stupid considering i had that issue too, and I now have a school bus. It takes time. I am also in the magnet program, where our dance teacher just earned an MSA award.

Posted September 17, 2009
my daughter has never felt so good about her education she loves this school!

Posted August 30, 2009
I am a concerned parent with having to put two more children through high school. I went to the open house for 9th graders and I was not happy at all with what I was seeing. also not enough lockers for all students they are not allow to wear coats in and out of the trailers so if you do not try to get a locker on the ist day of school then what, where to you put you coat and lunch? Also Baltimore county will not send a bus up to the Stanbrook area which is a hike for all those students who live there. My children are expected to walk in the rain and come to school with umbellas and rain coats on but where in the world are they putting their wet coats and items. I am fighting the bus issue. Patapsco looks like a city school (dump)

Patapsco High & Center For Arts 3

Posted May 27, 2009
I see that the kids I have met there absolutely love the school. It has been somewhat difficult to be involved as a parent and the scheduling has not been smooth any of the years we have been there. I also believe that the school is overlooked when it comes to needed renovations and overcrowding.

Patapsco High & Center For Arts 2

Posted November 14, 2008
I am a Senior thats attends Patapsco for the music program at Patapsco and I think the school is okay but It could be WAY better,In the magnet and in the academic POV. The reason I say this is because for the magnet everything is sooooo 'in the books' based and it's not based on the creativity of the magnet students and staff. Now as the academics go it's great, it's just the size of the school thats a problem,IT'S TOO OVERCROWDED and Patapsco needs to expand the school or something instead of adding trailers....and the school BADLY NEEDS A RENOVATION! I'm seeing too many schools getting fixed up and patapsco is a magnet school that still has issues with heat and AC. I hope this review will change something. Now for the students....there are a lot of good kids but also a good share of them that smoke on campus.

8100 Wise Ave, Baltimore, MD  21222
Last modified Patapsco High & Center For Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patapsco High & Center For Arts Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top