Posted September 01, 2015
My daughter is now in 5th grade, and began going to Tunbridge in the 1st grade. I enjoy the amount of activities they have for the students and families, essentially building a "community" of connected people. I have never had an issue with her teachers, although I felt like all of her teachers have been great, I really felt like Ms. Mitchell and Ms. G. and Ms. Lance are more experienced and provided a stern/loving demeanor that my daughter thrived off . I think it's very important that the staff know the children they are teaching and feel connected to them. I really like that they are invested in seeing growth, success, and happiness from their students. They are a newer school and are working towards fixing any kinks that arise. To address a previous comment about new teachers, I would love a mix of older/experienced teachers and new teachers, but I see the value in having teachers that are excited about being teachers, excited about learning new techniques, and excited about getting their students excited! One of my fondest memories about a favorite teacher, was Ms. Tara. I was in the 5th grade and she was a brand new teacher, I just remember her being so sweet and happy. She tried all types of new things with our class, which got me and my classmates excited to come to school! We learned about science and animals through an experiment where we raised and watched the life cycle of crawfish, it was exciting to hold something that was foreign to me (as a pet). So I applaud Tunbridge for introducing new things to their students and building from there. This is better than my daughter going to a school that's been around for 50 years and the graduation rate if below 50%. Keep up the good work Tunbridge!!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 01, 2015
They have opportunities for the kids to participate in different activities that foster healthy relationships with other people and their surrounding community.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 01, 2015
The schools theme is health, being healthy students in your community. They talk to the students and listen to them when they talk back. They offer opportunities for students to express themselves honestly and have input in their education.

Tunbridge Public Charter School 3

Posted August 03, 2015
It's ok not bad as other schools in Baltimore City Need more older teachers the teacher there are fresh out of college

Posted July 29, 2015
My son have miss Fairfeild and he love the school and our family. She do everything she is supposed to and love her kids in her class like her own. We is blessed to have this school and my son teacher miss Fairfeild

Tunbridge Public Charter School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
My son attended Tunbridge from the very beginning. He was apart of the first graduating kindergarten class. His progress throughout the years at Tunbridge has become one the most frustrating and disappointing journeys for my family and child. I loved the families, activities, and loved that they knew my son by name, but providing consistency, resources and experienced teachers was a problem. The foundation that my son received in kindergarten was taught by a unexperienced teacher. Knowing sight words was great, but the phonics and sounds weren't addressed. Brought problems in 1st grade as a reader. Same in math, Money and telling time, never introduced until late 2nd grade. I'll asked for two years for additional resources such as tutoring, never able to provide, expect for one year when a unexperienced teacher offered and the whole class attended. How can a unexperienced teacher be expected to complete such task with no assistance. Assistance available was to request for a IEP. So in other words, no foundation, and now he's behind and only way of providing help is to label him as a special needs child. Absolutely NOT! I'm sorry I should have left long ago!

Tunbridge Public Charter School 1

Posted May 03, 2014
This school is also a nightmare for responsible parents. Expect to have your character attacked if you question your child's education at this school. Better yet get them into a school that doesn't think a great school rating of 6 is a good as it gets. Its funny how most of the reviews that were written in April sound like the same person wrote them.

Posted April 24, 2014
Engaging, capable teachers, strong principal, warm, friendly environment. The PTO group is active and creative.

Posted April 13, 2014
Hello parents,teachers, and staff I am the mother of a current TPCS enrollee. My 5th grader has excelled in every subject since enrollment. I love the school's curriculum, daily schedule, school events, trips, and current staff. I wouldn't have my middle sschooler attend any other BCPS.

Tunbridge Public Charter School 4

Posted April 12, 2014
This schools is wonderful...a strong principal, great teacher-leaders, and involved parents. The children are at the center of the school and its curriculum. The board and non-profit leadership also provide steady governance and direction for the school.

5504 York Rd, Baltimore, MD  21212
Last modified Tunbridge Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tunbridge Public Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top