Tunbridge Public Charter School 2

Posted August 04, 2014
My son attended Tunbridge from the very beginning. He was apart of the first graduating kindergarten class. His progress throughout the years at Tunbridge has become one the most frustrating and disappointing journeys for my family and child. I loved the families, activities, and loved that they knew my son by name, but providing consistency, resources and experienced teachers was a problem. The foundation that my son received in kindergarten was taught by a unexperienced teacher. Knowing sight words was great, but the phonics and sounds weren't addressed. Brought problems in 1st grade as a reader. Same in math, Money and telling time, never introduced until late 2nd grade. I'll asked for two years for additional resources such as tutoring, never able to provide, expect for one year when a unexperienced teacher offered and the whole class attended. How can a unexperienced teacher be expected to complete such task with no assistance. Assistance available was to request for a IEP. So in other words, no foundation, and now he's behind and only way of providing help is to label him as a special needs child. Absolutely NOT! I'm sorry I should have left long ago!

Tunbridge Public Charter School 1

Posted May 03, 2014
This school is also a nightmare for responsible parents. Expect to have your character attacked if you question your child's education at this school. Better yet get them into a school that doesn't think a great school rating of 6 is a good as it gets. Its funny how most of the reviews that were written in April sound like the same person wrote them.

Posted April 24, 2014
Engaging, capable teachers, strong principal, warm, friendly environment. The PTO group is active and creative.

Posted April 13, 2014
Hello parents,teachers, and staff I am the mother of a current TPCS enrollee. My 5th grader has excelled in every subject since enrollment. I love the school's curriculum, daily schedule, school events, trips, and current staff. I wouldn't have my middle sschooler attend any other BCPS.

Tunbridge Public Charter School 4

Posted April 12, 2014
This schools is wonderful...a strong principal, great teacher-leaders, and involved parents. The children are at the center of the school and its curriculum. The board and non-profit leadership also provide steady governance and direction for the school.

Posted April 10, 2014
I have a child that has been a student at Tunbridge for the past 3 years. The teachers really care about the students. Some of them give of their time for free with afterschool clubs and activities. I enjoy the fact that they promote healthy living and a caring environment. I like the fact that they promote not just taking care of ones self but others as well. The PTO is very active and involved in the school.

Posted April 09, 2014
Tunbridge Public Charter School, this school has the best curriculum which is based on good nutrition and physical health. I love the fact that it is a small school where all of the teachers and staff knows every single child..... it's like one big happy family. I would refer anyone to this school

Posted April 09, 2014
Tunbridge Public Charter School is a fantastic school with dedicated parents and faculty. The school focuses on overall well being of students and promotes and atmosphere of caring and support. My son loves being a Tunbridge Owl!!

Posted April 09, 2014
Tunbridge is a great school! My daughter has been there since the beginning and I am impressed with the personalization the teachers provide. They really teach to the students level...low or high. The staff really know the children. It feels like a big family.

Posted April 09, 2014
I love TUNBRIDGE! My son is a 4th grade student and he loves his learning environment. Tunbridge challenge the kids mentally and physically while promoting a healthy lifestyle. The parents, staff, and student involvement is phenomenal. Safety is a big factor at Tunbridge and is enforced daily, the drop off and pick up routine is a wonderful policy at Tunbridge. Communication plays a major part and the teachers and staff are very efficient with that. Everyone is friendly, the school is very welcoming!! I'm very fortunate to have my son and now my daughter (enrolled for fall pre-k) apart of such a structured and well-maintained learning environment. Most importantly, my son receives a valuable education at Tunbridge and all resources all available for your child to reach their fullest potential. Tunbridge develops mind, body, and spirit which ultimately empowers your child to operate at their fullest potential. Tunbridge Public Charter school is something to know about!!

Tunbridge Public Charter School
5504 York Rd, Baltimore, MD  21212
Last modified Tunbridge Public Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tunbridge Public Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top