Bad
Good

I have no idea how this school is rated a 5/10. Yes, it is an older school (with AC though!). Yes, it is well overcapacity due to the abundant over building in the area, which the new nearby elementary school next year should help alleviate. With that said, it is a fantastic community school in the heart of Perry Hall. The teachers are so wonderfully engaged, energetic, and communicative. The school and administration foster a sense of belonging and involvement is encouraged and supported. I'd choose this school for my children any day.

School is old, outdated and overcrowded but they make up for it with excellent teachers and staff.

The teachers, administrators and staff do so much with so little. The spacial learning environment is horrible but the great teachers make up for that. Baltimore County needs to restrict ANY more children from attending this school as I would consider it unsafe crowding. Even with all the trailers.... the number of bathrooms, the size of the cafeteria, and parking spots has not changed. The fire marshal and county executives and school board have an obligation to keep our kids safe and they are just turning a blind eye!!!!!! Kudos to the wonderful teachers working in third world country conditions here in the good ol Baltimore County. Come on Dr. Dance.... you CAN and should do this great school better.

We moved around a lot and, although this school has the lowest greatschools score, it is our favorite of the four elementary schools my daughter has attended. She has been challenged here. The office staff are supportive and kind. The downside is this school seems to have 50% more students than it was designed for meaning weird lunchtimes, staggered parent events and a teeny tiny library. It would be great to have more outdoor playing space and no "temporary" trailers. Good job PHES teachers and staff!

Great school. The teachers are very dedicated. The school is starting to get over crowded. Balto Co needs to redistrict to reduce enrollment.

I have two children at PHES. One in General Education and one in Special Education. I am pleased with the General Education teachers, however Special Education needs a lot of improvement. They need to start with hiring teachers who are dedicated to special education and have experience. They have a high turn over rate. The IEP Team chairs weren't knowledgeable and didn't know what resources were available to my child. I had to stay on the team and fight for resources constantly. For a school with such a great reputation, I was disappointed.

Overall I am happy with what my child is learning, but the school is over crowded and has little to offer children that are performing above average. For example, many of the schools in the area offer a computer lab at least once a week, while this school seems to have no capacity for offering such classes. This will put your child behind when they reach middle school. There is also a lack of participation in the PTA. Parents seem to care about their child's education and are willing to attend events that enhance the child's experience, but there are a lack of parent volunteers. It is always the same parents volunteering. I believe the school would have a lot more to offer if more parents were involved.

My son attended PHES for 4 years in special education classes. My son has a number of behavior and learning problems, but he grew and thrived here. His teachers were talented, knowledgable, committed, patient, and kind. The administration was very supportive and worked as a team with us through all problems. Parents must advocate for their child's education, particularly with special needs. PHES worked with us, every step of the way, to help our son.

My daughter is in Pre k and i am very pleased that she has a wonderfull teacher and level of care and knowledge .

My son is in the 2nd grade (year 2008) at PHE. I have been in constant contact with his teachers and principal and guidance counselor because of my concern for his education. The staff has been very understanding of my concerns and they do their best to keep me informed regarding his strengths and weaknesses in the classroom. I am very pleased with the communication efforts at PHE. I recommend this school to other parents comparing Baltimore County Elementary schools. PHE does their very best to make every childs education a priority.

Last modified Perry Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.