Perry Hall Elementary School 3

Posted April 08, 2014
I have two children at PHES. One in General Education and one in Special Education. I am pleased with the General Education teachers, however Special Education needs a lot of improvement. They need to start with hiring teachers who are dedicated to special education and have experience. They have a high turn over rate. The IEP Team chairs weren't knowledgeable and didn't know what resources were available to my child. I had to stay on the team and fight for resources constantly. For a school with such a great reputation, I was disappointed.

Perry Hall Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2013
Overall I am happy with what my child is learning, but the school is over crowded and has little to offer children that are performing above average. For example, many of the schools in the area offer a computer lab at least once a week, while this school seems to have no capacity for offering such classes. This will put your child behind when they reach middle school. There is also a lack of participation in the PTA. Parents seem to care about their child's education and are willing to attend events that enhance the child's experience, but there are a lack of parent volunteers. It is always the same parents volunteering. I believe the school would have a lot more to offer if more parents were involved.

Posted September 01, 2009
My son attended PHES for 4 years in special education classes. My son has a number of behavior and learning problems, but he grew and thrived here. His teachers were talented, knowledgable, committed, patient, and kind. The administration was very supportive and worked as a team with us through all problems. Parents must advocate for their child's education, particularly with special needs. PHES worked with us, every step of the way, to help our son.

Posted May 20, 2008

Posted April 28, 2008
My daughter is in Pre k and i am very pleased that she has a wonderfull teacher and level of care and knowledge .

Perry Hall Elementary School 0

Posted March 03, 2008
My son is in the 2nd grade (year 2008) at PHE. I have been in constant contact with his teachers and principal and guidance counselor because of my concern for his education. The staff has been very understanding of my concerns and they do their best to keep me informed regarding his strengths and weaknesses in the classroom. I am very pleased with the communication efforts at PHE. I recommend this school to other parents comparing Baltimore County Elementary schools. PHE does their very best to make every childs education a priority.

Posted July 12, 2007

Posted April 12, 2007
I had 2 boys in Perry Hall Elementary and was extremely pleased with the level of education that they received. The teachers were well qualified and kept a high level of communication with me and other parents. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is considering moving to the area.

Posted March 13, 2007
- a former student

Posted October 06, 2005
My son is in 3rd grade at Perry Hall Elementary School. Since starting Kindergarten in 2002, we have been extremely happy with the school, parent/teacher communication, activities and education. He has gone from being a shy child to outgoing and confident. There are always fun activities planned throughout the year to keep the children motivated and interested. The principal and teachers are always more than willing to discuss any and all concerns and/or suggestions regarding the well-being of your child. I have been more than happy and very impressed with the education my son has received so far at Perry hall.

Perry Hall Elementary School
9021 Belair Rd, Baltimore, MD  21236
Last modified Perry Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Perry Hall Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top