Posted February 04, 2014
My diploma-bound child has special needs and is excelling beyond our dreams at PHHS. The current administration and the staff are knowledgeable, caring, approachable, and work hard to integrate children into the school community from athletics to academics. Special educators communicate with parents and are accessible to students. Plus, they know the children well. The one time I hit an obstacle, the administrator for special education services helped me get what was needed for my child. Anyone who says that a child cannot get services has obviously not asked - or they are asking for something that is not in the best interest of the child in my opinion. I also have an older child who has graduated and is doing very well in college due to the excellent preparation gained at the school. I would compare the education given to my children with any private school. I highly recommend the school.

Posted January 14, 2011
i think phhs is a great school. My older sisters and 3 of my cousins graduated from perry hall and are leading successful lives. The teachers are great, as well as the staff and the school, for the most part, is clean. i love perry hall high and when i get older and have kids i wish to have them go there as well.

Posted May 18, 2010
This is a great school. Students are usually great but there are always a few bad apples. School is extremely over crowded and the layout is very complex and non-efficient. Academics are great and so are the staff.

Perry Hall High School 3

Posted November 13, 2009
Things I like: -Variety courses and encouragement -Parent/teacher conference day: creative -Parent visiting day (super,need highr enrol -Super activities/committees to join -Interview day -90% teacher email responses -Phone messages for events -Interim reports -Wonderful/helpful secretaries Topics to improve: -Professional signs in hallways to main office, dept. Hang art (especially on open house) -Bigger emphasis on continuing a foreign language (if they want to quit, then introduce them to another language after 3 years...it's important. Other countries speak multiple, these kids are our future) - Dances: dress code for girls...skirts should be to their knees (Adminstration needs to address) It's getting out of hand. - Guidance counselors...don't even know their name and child is graduating. I'm sure they do a great job, but some kids suffer. So how about a mentor program between older students and younger students Freshman year. - Injuries out on the field (teach kids to respect the other team and get down on knee) - school needs to be prettier

Perry Hall High School 4

Posted August 06, 2009
I am a current student in perry hall. I absolutly love it here. I used dread going to school. ever since I started at perry hall I loved school. the teachers focus on their students. Last year we got a new principal who has helped our school so much. I would completely recommend this school to any parent or kid who wants to enroll.

Posted May 08, 2009
This is the best High School in Maryland!!! The teachers really helped me a lot. The Math department is extremely excellent in the ways they teach students. Loved the way they are using resource classes for special need students!!! One downfall is its such a great school, that its way overcrowded now. I graduated last year from Perry Hall High and we were the largest graduating class of 2008 in the whole county and in the history of the school

Posted December 09, 2008
My daughter has Mrs. Cox. What a great teacher! She attends to all children's needs and really helps every child succeed.

Posted November 07, 2008
Phhs is a great school. Because of how large it is, one can pursue and get involved in many different activities. For instance, there are many sports teams, theater/drama/art, and clubs that can interest many. Our music department is the best in the nation. If you want it, you get it; people are too quick to blame teachers or administrators sometimes. Also, as a senior who has been attending this school for four years, i want to clarify a misconception: although the school is overcrowded (by approx 200 kids, since phhs was build for approx. 2100), It doesn't mean you cannot maneuver through the halls. I haven't ever been late due to overcrowding.

Perry Hall High School 0

Posted August 01, 2008
PHHS could not have done a better job preparing my daughters for college. My oldest earned an engineering degree, while she says that challenged her, she had a job before graduation and it now pursing her first masters while working full time. My younger daughter said that PHHS actually 'over prepared' her, her words not mine. She said that if anything is hard, that is was high school, hence the Deans List in College semester after semester. If you are willing to learn this is the place to be.

Perry Hall High School 1

Posted June 15, 2008

Perry Hall High School
4601 Ebenezer Rd, Baltimore, MD  21236
Last modified Perry Hall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Perry Hall High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.