Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a 7th grade student soon going into 8th grade. Yes, my school is very overcrowded and can be overwhelming for new students, but my experience has been just fine. To be fair, parents are very over dramatic about the conditions at the school. You are able to get around fine, especially after some new guidelines they've implemented. Most students are respectful with the exception of some lousy, misbehaved students. The music programs and clubs here are phenomenal, and so are the school sports. The concerts are amazing. Again the over crowded thing is a problem, but do you really thing perry hall has enough money to build another school? Perry Hall Middle School is a pretty good school, and if you are afraid of the size of the school, consider moving elsewhere.

The school is severely overcrowded and in dire need of relief. Currently there are over 1,860 kids in the school that is built for 1,643 students. In just two years the school will be 478 students above capacity. There is no redistributing in the pipeline and there is no new school being built or even on the drawing board. Perry Hall is not anymore the great school system that is used to be. If you are thinking of buying a property in the area I would look elsewhere.

Ive had 2 kids in this school. The last one was 7 years ago. What a diffrence 7 yrs makes. Its so crowded someone is going to get hurt. My son cant get to his locker. His friend whom his small for his age gets bullied daily. The teachers are amazing but its turning into a city school bec of overcrowding. There is gangs from the city here now. They all live in Dunfield. DONT MOVE HERE. THEY ARE SAYING NO CHANGES TIL ATLEAST 2020.

School is over capacity and there is no plan in place to alleviate this. 6th graders (there are about 700) are supposed to have classes in the 6th grade "academy" section of the school, but this is not really the case-they have classes all over the school. I witnessed bullying behavior and unruly students in the halls (during parent visitation week) and watched teachers do nothing. You can barely move through the halls between classes, and they won't stagger the bells like other middle schools in Balt. Co, do. Attending a concert there is like taking your life in you hands. There's basically no parking at the school, everyone parks at the shopping center across the street and darts across Joppa road where there is bad lighting and no crosswalk. Administration does not ask for help from the police dept for managing the traffic or pedestrians for these evening events. Be sure to get there 30 minutes early if you'd like to get a seat. My kids tell me there are student fights at least once a week. There has been no communication from the administration to the parents about addressing behavior issues. It's disappointing that we pay higher taxes here in PH than surrounding communities, and this is what we get.

Yes, the school is overcrowded, but most of the kids I've encountered have been very respectful to adults. Yes, they have brought in trailers to help alleviate the overcrowding issues. I truly believe that they should construct another middle school in the area (with the same caliber of educators and staff) to help remedy this. We moved to this area just so our daughter could receive an excellent education, and we have not been disappointed. She is in the GT program and is constantly challenged by her teachers to push even harder. There are many clubs for students to get involved with. I can't say enough positive things about PHMS; I'm so glad we moved here- our daughter is receiving a stellar education!

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My child has learning differences and he is singled out and ignored.

I visited this PHMS today. To say I am disappointed, is truly an understatement. The school is so overcrowded, the children run wild, some teachers have NO control over the classroom, etc. I left the school drained. We purchased a home in the area specifically because of schools. I should have saved the money spent on the mortgage and paid tuition at a private school. The students are rude, filthy mouths, aggressive, and mature beyond their years with the opposite sex. Unfortunately, the mild mannered and well-behaved children are fed to the wolves and ignored. I cannot express how disappointed I am with PHMS. The schools has several trailers to accommodate the increasing number of students. Some children eat lunch at 10:30am. Before you register your child, make an unannounced visit...you wil be shocked. Don't be fooled by the luxury cars and $500k plus homes in the Perry Hall/White Marsh area. That doesn't equate to a quality education. I am upset that I have subjected my child to such an environment...in the pursuit of higher learning.

They are good but they should let the girl wear what ever they want in gym but it has to be gym clothes and boys can to

Perry Hall Middle School is a great platform for going into higher learning. In addition to standard classes, Perry Hall middle offers a variety of opportunities, including Honors and GT level classes, as well as an assortment of elective opportunities. Teachers are amongst the best in Baltimore County.

I'm an 8th grade student here, and I have to say I'm going to miss this school. It has wonderful clubs, teachers, students, and administrators. I personally joined NJHS and I love helping out with the World's Fair. The school offers GT programs and an All A's breakfast to celebrate your accomplishments. I have only had one teacher that I haven't been thrilled about (he gave up to 2.5 hours of homework some nights), most teachers are very helpful and memorable. Although there is the occasional "fight," it is quickly resolved, especially with the help of my vice principal, Ms. Duncan (she's awesome!). Overall, this is an excellent transitional school that prepares you well for high school, college, and even beyond. Good Bye, PHMS -Alyssa, 8th grade :)

Last modified Perry Hall Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.