Brooklyn Park Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
I've subbed at this school only once, but feel inclined to give a positive opinion. It is true that this school has a "reputation" for some reason, perhaps because of its Baltimore address. Hopefully, I can help defeat that myth. I've worked in schools throughout MD and other states. This is not a hectic, bad, unruly school at all. I had a very nice day with staff and students. The students thanked me at the end of classes. The environment is "normal." It's not the highest ranked academically or perfect, but there are some kids here from very challenging backgrounds. This definitely isn't a "ghetto school" or a "failing school" and deserves no stigma. I've worked in schools with deserved stigmas, and I know what that looks/feels like. The halls and classes here feel "normal." It's not a bad place to be at all, and is certainly worth a chance. I look forward to returning soon. I'd be happy to teach there full time.

Posted April 27, 2014
The Administration Team At Brooklyn Park Middle School Are Very Rude. They Are Cruel To The Students. My Child Told Guidance That Others Students Who Does Not Attend Brooklyn Park Are Coming To The School To Fight Her, And The School Did Not Help Or Try To Protect My Child. The Next Day The Girls Came To The School To Fight My Child And The School Expelled Both Of My Daughters. The School Lied To The Board Of Education And They Are Feeding Lies To The Communtiy About My Childern . Brooklyn Park Middle School Is Not A School That Can Be Trusted With You Child's Safety.

Posted April 03, 2013
My daughter has been going to this school for two years now she's in avid and has been on honor roll the whole two years.but the adminstration in this school has no idea what these kids put up with from other students,and always quick to take sides with other students,insted of getting both sides of the story.their school lunches are uncooked and thety still serve it to the students,even thou the health department has been called multi times and have been there.the borad has also been called on this school and yet nothing is being done.They have a no bullying rule but in all honesty it still happens and the teachers turn their back quick.i would not put my child in this school

Brooklyn Park Middle School 3

Posted May 10, 2012
My son and daughter are in this school. He is an ASD (Asperger) in 6th grade and my daughter is in 7th grade. Bulling is a bigger problem than the administration wants to acknowledge. We have had to modify our son's IEP because of this bullying. Our daughter has had some bullying but not as bad. Most of the Teachers are excellent, and a few are outright outstanding when dealing with children with issues.

Posted December 06, 2011
I feel that my child had a terrible experience this terrible school because she was pushed down 6 flights of stairs, her teacher

Brooklyn Park Middle School 5

Posted April 05, 2011
I have subbed at this school a number of times. Everytime I come, the staff has always been very welcoming and helpful. They are always willilng to back me up when necessary as well. And the kids here are absolutely great!!

Posted July 19, 2009
I love my school and i love all the teahers i have had in the past 2 to 3 years and now i am in the 8th grade.

Posted January 29, 2009
This School is the best school you could ever send your kid to. I am a current 8th grader with good grades and let me tell you BPMS has the best most caring teachers you could imagine. It is very safe, there are barely any fight and when they are staff it quick to act. The only thing i dont like this year is the new principal Mrs. Gillins she treats us like were babies and is very snobby. Besides that the school is GREAT!

Posted December 11, 2008
im a 7th grader and new to this school this year. the first day i felt right in with the good well kept school

Brooklyn Park Middle School 5

Posted December 02, 2008
My son has a dynamo 7th grade pre-algebra teacher. he loves math now. I heard the new principal is just as great. They came together from the same county.

Brooklyn Park Middle School
200 Hammonds Ln, Baltimore, MD  21225
Last modified Brooklyn Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooklyn Park Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top