Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 06, 2016
This list of teachers and staff have been outstanding with the academic success of my child. A special thank you to each of you! I appreciate what you do! Mr. Jagodzinski, Mrs. Radike, Ms. Speier, Ms. Thoms, Mrs. Pearsall, Ms. Cassata, Mrs. Heyl, Ms. St. Pierre, and Mr. Schreiber!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 06, 2016
I love how most teachers give out their homework on Mondays and it is not due until Fridays. They have all week to work on it. This is fantastic because it allows the student not to get stressed about it; it allows the student to learn time management; and it allows the student to have family time or time for other activities after school. I also love that some of the teachers send an email with the homework that will be given out on Monday so that way the parent knows what the child will be doing for that particular week. I wish this was mandatory for all of the teachers to do this. However, for the ones that already implement this success building strategy, you are setting the students up for achievement!

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted January 06, 2016
The teachers have been terrific in resolving situations involving their students in a very timely manner.

Brooklyn Park Middle School 5

Posted January 06, 2016
The PVA magnet program at Brooklyn Park Middle School is outstanding! As a parent and volunteer, I see so many of the students with a great attitude, a quest for learning, and they are actually able to carry on conversations with adults! I am super impressed with this program and credit its success to the wonderful and highly motivated teachers and staff. I have been to many of the school events and have not witnessed "clique-ish" behavior or bullying at all. I have only seen the kids interacting and being friendly to everyone. The positive rewards that the teachers implement must be working, because my daughter is happy to go to school in the mornings and still has a smile on her face when she comes home in the evenings! I think the low score on this website should really be re-evaluated. It is an outstanding school with very helpful teachers and staff, as well as having incredibly gifted students!

Brooklyn Park Middle School 5

Posted November 08, 2014
this school is amazing. im only I 6 grade but the students, the teachers and the pva program is great

Brooklyn Park Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2014
I've subbed at this school only once, but feel inclined to give a positive opinion. It is true that this school has a "reputation" for some reason, perhaps because of its Baltimore address. Hopefully, I can help defeat that myth. I've worked in schools throughout MD and other states. This is not a hectic, bad, unruly school at all. I had a very nice day with staff and students. The students thanked me at the end of classes. The environment is "normal." It's not the highest ranked academically or perfect, but there are some kids here from very challenging backgrounds. This definitely isn't a "ghetto school" or a "failing school" and deserves no stigma. I've worked in schools with deserved stigmas, and I know what that looks/feels like. The halls and classes here feel "normal." It's not a bad place to be at all, and is certainly worth a chance. I look forward to returning soon. I'd be happy to teach there full time.

Posted April 27, 2014
The Administration Team At Brooklyn Park Middle School Are Very Rude. They Are Cruel To The Students. My Child Told Guidance That Others Students Who Does Not Attend Brooklyn Park Are Coming To The School To Fight Her, And The School Did Not Help Or Try To Protect My Child. The Next Day The Girls Came To The School To Fight My Child And The School Expelled Both Of My Daughters. The School Lied To The Board Of Education And They Are Feeding Lies To The Communtiy About My Childern . Brooklyn Park Middle School Is Not A School That Can Be Trusted With You Child's Safety.

Posted April 03, 2013
My daughter has been going to this school for two years now she's in avid and has been on honor roll the whole two years.but the adminstration in this school has no idea what these kids put up with from other students,and always quick to take sides with other students,insted of getting both sides of the story.their school lunches are uncooked and thety still serve it to the students,even thou the health department has been called multi times and have been there.the borad has also been called on this school and yet nothing is being done.They have a no bullying rule but in all honesty it still happens and the teachers turn their back quick.i would not put my child in this school

Brooklyn Park Middle School 3

Posted May 10, 2012
My son and daughter are in this school. He is an ASD (Asperger) in 6th grade and my daughter is in 7th grade. Bulling is a bigger problem than the administration wants to acknowledge. We have had to modify our son's IEP because of this bullying. Our daughter has had some bullying but not as bad. Most of the Teachers are excellent, and a few are outright outstanding when dealing with children with issues.

Posted December 06, 2011
I feel that my child had a terrible experience this terrible school because she was pushed down 6 flights of stairs, her teacher

200 Hammonds Ln, Baltimore, MD  21225
Last modified Brooklyn Park Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brooklyn Park Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top