Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have one child on their 3rd year here and another that has just started. The teachers have been fantastic and the other school staff has always been helpful. My children have been challenged and provided opportunities to do work beyond their grade level when they can which is great. I was apprehensive at first to enroll my child here originally because of the lower school rating but am glad I decided to do it. I do see that the school seems to be pushing for parents to be more accountable for their children which they should be and there has been some upset parents because of it. The only way the school will get better is with parental involvement and helping students at home, not just relying on the school to do the only teaching.

It is a step up from city, teachers are great. Only problem I see is with the lack of parent involvement and zero effort by anyone to form a PTA. I would love to see more activities and clubs for the kids.

I brought my child here from Baltimore City schools, so it has definitely been an upgrade. I have been impressed with his teachers, and how quickly they got him caught up.

This is a good school. My children love it and the staff and teachers are evry committed to helping not just the children but also the community.

Riverview Elementary School is not what I'd expect it to be for an Elementary school.. The teachers (most of them) really do not care about the children.. They talk down to and belittle the children in comparison to prior classes and even their own children.. The staff (again with the exception of a few) truly show no empathy for working with the younger group of children.. It's disheartening to actually be writing a "not so good" review about the school my own children attend, but SOMETHING needs to drastically change here at this place.. Maybe a whole new Fresh Start.. If that would even give this place a glimpse of hope for these children in this area that'd be the best.. I don't think this school even deserves a 2 out of 10 review.. I'm sorry but until there is some REAL amazing difference here I am going to have to stick with this opinion..

I'm new to the county schools but I love them this is my daughters 2yr at Riverview and she loves it.

This school is turning around! High expectations for behavior and for learning. New attitude. New administration.

I have 2 daughter's that attend this school and it is the best school I could have chose for them. One is in 3rd grade and one is in 5th grade. The teacher's are 100% supportive and helpful!

This is a failing school in a troubled neighborhood. Student discipline is an issue, as well as permanent teacher shortages.

Unfortunately, I cannot give this school a high rating. I had a son in 5th and I worked in the school. The teacher staff is predominately young, willing to do new things, but they labor under several negatives. A low income neighborhood with a small minority of involved parents. The administration is overwhelmed with the behavioral issues of some of the students. As a result, when my son began to have educational problems due to health reasons, we were not accommodated at all. Everyone assumed that he was just another child who needed to 'try harder and apply himself. ' They were very jaded. The year ended on a negative note for both my son and I, and I was very happy he was moving on. On a positive note, I am going back to educate them on my son's medical issues, so another child will not suffer like we did.

Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.