Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted November 18, 2015
It is a step up from city, teachers are great. Only problem I see is with the lack of parent involvement and zero effort by anyone to form a PTA. I would love to see more activities and clubs for the kids.

Riverview Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Im grateful for Mrs.Winans...a wonderful 1st grade teacher! She deserves a special thanks for all her effort and going the extra mile!

Posted October 26, 2015
I brought my child here from Baltimore City schools, so it has definitely been an upgrade. I have been impressed with his teachers, and how quickly they got him caught up.

Riverview Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
This is a good school. My children love it and the staff and teachers are evry committed to helping not just the children but also the community.

Posted March 09, 2014
Riverview Elementary School is not what I'd expect it to be for an Elementary school.. The teachers (most of them) really do not care about the children.. They talk down to and belittle the children in comparison to prior classes and even their own children.. The staff (again with the exception of a few) truly show no empathy for working with the younger group of children.. It's disheartening to actually be writing a "not so good" review about the school my own children attend, but SOMETHING needs to drastically change here at this place.. Maybe a whole new Fresh Start.. If that would even give this place a glimpse of hope for these children in this area that'd be the best.. I don't think this school even deserves a 2 out of 10 review.. I'm sorry but until there is some REAL amazing difference here I am going to have to stick with this opinion..

Posted September 26, 2013
I'm new to the county schools but I love them this is my daughters 2yr at Riverview and she loves it.

Posted March 27, 2012
This school is turning around! High expectations for behavior and for learning. New attitude. New administration.

Riverview Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2010
I have 2 daughter's that attend this school and it is the best school I could have chose for them. One is in 3rd grade and one is in 5th grade. The teacher's are 100% supportive and helpful!

Posted January 22, 2010
This is a failing school in a troubled neighborhood. Student discipline is an issue, as well as permanent teacher shortages.

Posted February 20, 2008
Unfortunately, I cannot give this school a high rating. I had a son in 5th and I worked in the school. The teacher staff is predominately young, willing to do new things, but they labor under several negatives. A low income neighborhood with a small minority of involved parents. The administration is overwhelmed with the behavioral issues of some of the students. As a result, when my son began to have educational problems due to health reasons, we were not accommodated at all. Everyone assumed that he was just another child who needed to 'try harder and apply himself. ' They were very jaded. The year ended on a negative note for both my son and I, and I was very happy he was moving on. On a positive note, I am going back to educate them on my son's medical issues, so another child will not suffer like we did.

Riverview Elementary School
3298 Kessler Rd, Baltimore, MD  21227
Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.