Baltimore, MD

Riverview Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
This is a good school. My children love it and the staff and teachers are evry committed to helping not just the children but also the community.

Posted March 09, 2014
Riverview Elementary School is not what I'd expect it to be for an Elementary school.. The teachers (most of them) really do not care about the children.. They talk down to and belittle the children in comparison to prior classes and even their own children.. The staff (again with the exception of a few) truly show no empathy for working with the younger group of children.. It's disheartening to actually be writing a "not so good" review about the school my own children attend, but SOMETHING needs to drastically change here at this place.. Maybe a whole new Fresh Start.. If that would even give this place a glimpse of hope for these children in this area that'd be the best.. I don't think this school even deserves a 2 out of 10 review.. I'm sorry but until there is some REAL amazing difference here I am going to have to stick with this opinion..

Posted September 26, 2013
I'm new to the county schools but I love them this is my daughters 2yr at Riverview and she loves it.

Posted March 27, 2012
This school is turning around! High expectations for behavior and for learning. New attitude. New administration.

Riverview Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2010
I have 2 daughter's that attend this school and it is the best school I could have chose for them. One is in 3rd grade and one is in 5th grade. The teacher's are 100% supportive and helpful!

Posted January 22, 2010
This is a failing school in a troubled neighborhood. Student discipline is an issue, as well as permanent teacher shortages.

Riverview Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2008

Posted February 20, 2008
Unfortunately, I cannot give this school a high rating. I had a son in 5th and I worked in the school. The teacher staff is predominately young, willing to do new things, but they labor under several negatives. A low income neighborhood with a small minority of involved parents. The administration is overwhelmed with the behavioral issues of some of the students. As a result, when my son began to have educational problems due to health reasons, we were not accommodated at all. Everyone assumed that he was just another child who needed to 'try harder and apply himself. ' They were very jaded. The year ended on a negative note for both my son and I, and I was very happy he was moving on. On a positive note, I am going back to educate them on my son's medical issues, so another child will not suffer like we did.

Posted December 17, 2007

Riverview Elementary School 2

Posted January 28, 2007
I moved here from a rural school district. I am shocked by the way some children act in the classroom ex. kicking the teacher and going out in the hallway. I do not think it is all the schools or the teachers fault, but I am still disappointed that children with severe behavioral problems are allowed to disrupt the whole class. We have decided to pay more rent and move to what we hope will be a better place for our daughter.

Riverview Elementary School
3298 Kessler Rd, Baltimore, MD  21227
Last modified Riverview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top