Rodgers Forge Elementary School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
I have a fourth grader a RFES and he has been here since first grade. I love the school and the teachers are very communicative with parents and will address any concern at any time. My son's teacher often sends emails to us of pics that he takes of the kids doing group work or other in-class projects so we get a good idea of what goes on in class. The PTA is great and sponsors lots of assemblies for the kids' enrichment. Overall, a great school. I think they are going through some growing pains with the new Core curriculum but it seems as if the whole district is having difficulty getting this new curriculum off the ground.

Posted October 28, 2009
Rodgers Forge Elementary is the BEST! Wonderful teachers and a wonderful community!

Rodgers Forge Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2009

Posted October 11, 2009
The level of involvment of the community is astounding! The school has an excellent staff who are always available to help.

Posted October 01, 2009
I have two children currently enrolled at RFES and two more who will eventually enter. My two currently enrolled children are at opposite ends...one is a challenge and the other is exceptionally bright. RFES has been amazing about approaching each child to meet his/her needs and abilities and working with us to make sure our children have what they need to be successful. The teachers are very proactive and hands on and do an excellent job communicating with us. My children are learning in leaps and bounds and genuinely LOVE going to school. I can really see progress every day. And the social opportunities RFES affords my children is unlike anything I've ever seen at any other school. The community of parents and teachers makes this a great school. I'm glad I opted for public school for my children.

Posted October 01, 2009
Despite being hundreds of students over capacity, this school continues to excel all around. The teachers, administrators and staff are all wonderful. RFES has lots of parent support as well. I am proud to send my son to Rodgers Forge.

Posted September 30, 2009
It is such a caring and nurturing environment for students. Students from all different cultures and backgrounds come together to learn in an environment that celebrates their differences yet fosters a real sense of community.

Posted September 28, 2009
The teachers are amazing! They go above and beyond their duties to meet the needs of the children. The school itself reaches out to the community, supports the students inside and outside of the school, and provides resources for the parents, community, and students to use on a regular basis. Regardless of the severe over-crowding issues at RFES the teachers accomodate all learners and meet the needs of every individual.

Posted September 25, 2009
Rodgers Forge Elementary is an amazing school! Despite it's over crowding, the faculty and staff make it an exceptional place to be under the leadership of Mrs. Diese.

Posted September 25, 2009
Rodgers Forge Elementary School has great, caring teachers and a principal who truly cares about what is best for children. The are hundreds of parent volunteers who rack up thousands of volunteer hours each year supporting our school in every way possible. Many parents were students at Rodgers Forge! The school is at the center of our community.

Rodgers Forge Elementary School
250 Dumbarton Rd, Baltimore, MD  21212
Last modified Rodgers Forge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rodgers Forge Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews.