Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Do not address bullying and deny there is an issue. Lie on school papers saying bullying was never brought to their attention after havent multiple meetings addressing the issue. Not a safe environment.

There is a huge bullying problem, and the staff brushes it off because they cant discipline the "disadvantaged children" who have no home training. Oh and contact the County and the staff suddenly is having meetings without the parent fabricating and denying that issues were brought to their attention. Academically the bar is kept low and if you child is im any way advanced they will be bored.

I went to pick my child up from morning pre school and as you would expect teachers are out on side of the school with the children but did u know instead of the teachers watching your children the teachers are on their phones texting and such how is this the right way for our children to learn and to have trust in our teachers that we think are there to watch our children and protect them the principal of sandalwood elementary school in Essex needs to stop smiling and do something about these issues lets not even start on the after school fights that happen every other day

Sandalwood is an great school with great teachers. If I have a question, they respond immediately. They are geared to guide and help all students.

I LOVE Sandalwood the teacher care about the children ..my kids went to this school for 4 years and they got transferred cause we moved n i hate there new school .. im thinking about moving back so that my other kids can go LOVE LOVE LOVE sandalwood elem

Awesome, Awesome Awesome!!...My children are very well educated at Sandalwood Elementary School. They are very attentive to the students. My son is now in the 5th grade (7th year at the school, k-4 to 5th). He is ranked among the top students across Maryland academically. He is in GT and will go to Deep Creak Middle School in 2011-12. He will be placed in the Magnet program there. The foundation was definitely Sandalwood! My daughter is in the 2nd grade and excels there as well. If you look hard enough you will find fault with anything...or anyone. (I personally think the negative reviews come from uninvolved parents or students who may be unruly to begin with) This school is as good as any and I'm PROUD to say my children go to this school ! You will not regret sending your child here.

I go to Sandalwood Elementary School and I believe that it is a very bad school!! I have gone here in since before kindergarten and am in 5th grade now! 7 years! The learning is not on my learning level and I feel that I need to go to a better school! When I was in first grade My teacher was very mean to me and I will stick with the mean words she said to me all my life! I think they should hire better teachers or all children sould transfer to other schools! The best grade is the grade that I am in, 5th grade, because of the (finally) challenging work and nice, affective, fun teachers! To me, and a lot of children my first teacher was the best.Thank you for Listening! Student

I agree with the parent who posted on March 30, 2009. My son attended Sandalwood from pre-k to grade 3 and never had spelling words. When I asked his 3rd grade teacher about it she said they don't do spelling in her class. I was never happy with the learning material at Sandalwood and felt I needed to teach him so much more at home as a parent. Luckily we have transfered to private school and he is getting proper education.

This school is the worse. My son is in the first grade and doesn't have spelling words or math tests. He transfered from another school and I wish that he was able to stay where he is at. I have to give my son word and math so he can continue to be on the correct learning level.

Last modified Sandalwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.