Bad
Good

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 07, 2016
Fighting and cussing outside. Bullying. Kids running into the streets blocking traffic. Mass chaos at dismissal!!

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 07, 2016
Bullies are protected and left in class while victums are removed and lose class time.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 07, 2016
Do not address bullying and deny there is an issue. Lie on school papers saying bullying was never brought to their attention after havent multiple meetings addressing the issue. Not a safe environment.

Sandalwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2016
There is a huge bullying problem, and the staff brushes it off because they cant discipline the "disadvantaged children" who have no home training. Oh and contact the County and the staff suddenly is having meetings without the parent fabricating and denying that issues were brought to their attention. Academically the bar is kept low and if you child is im any way advanced they will be bored.

Sandalwood Elementary School 1

Posted December 15, 2015
I went to pick my child up from morning pre school and as you would expect teachers are out on side of the school with the children but did u know instead of the teachers watching your children the teachers are on their phones texting and such how is this the right way for our children to learn and to have trust in our teachers that we think are there to watch our children and protect them the principal of sandalwood elementary school in Essex needs to stop smiling and do something about these issues lets not even start on the after school fights that happen every other day

Posted October 24, 2013
Sandalwood is an great school with great teachers. If I have a question, they respond immediately. They are geared to guide and help all students.

Posted August 12, 2012
I LOVE Sandalwood the teacher care about the children ..my kids went to this school for 4 years and they got transferred cause we moved n i hate there new school .. im thinking about moving back so that my other kids can go LOVE LOVE LOVE sandalwood elem

Posted June 02, 2011
Awesome, Awesome Awesome!!...My children are very well educated at Sandalwood Elementary School. They are very attentive to the students. My son is now in the 5th grade (7th year at the school, k-4 to 5th). He is ranked among the top students across Maryland academically. He is in GT and will go to Deep Creak Middle School in 2011-12. He will be placed in the Magnet program there. The foundation was definitely Sandalwood! My daughter is in the 2nd grade and excels there as well. If you look hard enough you will find fault with anything...or anyone. (I personally think the negative reviews come from uninvolved parents or students who may be unruly to begin with) This school is as good as any and I'm PROUD to say my children go to this school ! You will not regret sending your child here.

Sandalwood Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2011
I go to Sandalwood Elementary School and I believe that it is a very bad school!! I have gone here in since before kindergarten and am in 5th grade now! 7 years! The learning is not on my learning level and I feel that I need to go to a better school! When I was in first grade My teacher was very mean to me and I will stick with the mean words she said to me all my life! I think they should hire better teachers or all children sould transfer to other schools! The best grade is the grade that I am in, 5th grade, because of the (finally) challenging work and nice, affective, fun teachers! To me, and a lot of children my first teacher was the best.Thank you for Listening! Student

Posted October 28, 2009
I agree with the parent who posted on March 30, 2009. My son attended Sandalwood from pre-k to grade 3 and never had spelling words. When I asked his 3rd grade teacher about it she said they don't do spelling in her class. I was never happy with the learning material at Sandalwood and felt I needed to teach him so much more at home as a parent. Luckily we have transfered to private school and he is getting proper education.

900 South Marlyn Ave, Baltimore, MD  21221
Last modified Sandalwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.