Bad
Good

The current principal, Heather Hollenbeck, does not truly care about the students. In every interaction I had with her this year she unprofessional, rude and condescending. When I tried to voice concerns, she did nothing to help or address them. The school is riding on their reputation and as other reviewer's have said, it would be difficult for the students to not be successful because the parents are so involved. The school just maintains the status quo. Aside from a few teachers such as Ms. Lane (4th grade teacher), the staff does not go above and beyond to challenge and excite learning. There are a lot of worksheets being passed out. Students are not taught how to think.

My son just finished his second year at Stoneleigh, and I couldn't be happier with the quality of education he has received. The teachers do an excellent job of communicating both issues and acheivements, and are quick to respond to inquiries via email. Another great aspect is the high level of parental involvement with the school. So lucky to be part of the Stoneleigh community!

I have 2 children currently enrolled at Stoneleigh, and I am thrilled at the attention and quality of the education they receive. I find the Principal to be knowledgeable and extremely helpful. She runs a tight ship but she has a great deal of children to educate and protect. One of the aspects I love about Stoneleigh is the strong parental involvement and active PTA.

Any school with the demographics of this school would do well on standardized testing and school work. Because of parental involvement the school is a success. The principal is more concerned about county politics and how the school appears rather than actual students. She is a snob and turned down involvement of certain volunteers because of how they look or how artsy they are. The teachers are nice but have a pretty easy job considering how active the parents are in their children's education. It is definitely geared more toward how girls learn rather than boys. If I had to do it all over again, I would not have sent my children there.

I was a student here, thus I can give a good insiders view of the school. Yes, the academics are great, with great teachers. However, when it comes to the students and the social situations, there is a problem. I am 17 now so I don't know how it is now, but when I attended Stoneleigh, there were developed cliques by the time I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. The majority of the kids were white, upper middle to upper class. So if you are not of those standards, life may not be very easy for your child. I was bullied every single day to the point of banishment and tears due to my appearance of glasses, voluminous frizzy hair, weight, and lack of athleticism. And the teachers did NOTHING about it. From an extremely young age, the kids at Stoneleigh are expected by their peers to dress in expensive clothing, be thin, listen to particular music, watch particular shows, own certain things, and act a certain way. Call me old fashioned, but I don't think that is quite right. I would never send my child there, not if it was the last place on Earth.

I'm very pleased with Stoneleigh, and I have two daughters who currently attend. The principal is utterly committed and professional, yet truly cares about the success of each child. When my child went through serious academic and emotional problems last year, the administration went above and beyond in accommodating her needs and ensuring she was both successful with and happy in her education. Yes, there are a lot of children here, but every new family I meet is another participant in the amazingly involved parents at this school. We moved here from another Baltimore County school, so glad that we did.

Stoneleigh is a great schoo to start your learning journey at. I attended this school and I now attend Dumbarton Middle School. I can not begin to explain how much Stoneleigh has helped my education. The teachers also care about their students and make learning fun.

My son is in forth grade and he loves to go to school. All his teachers are very nice.

My daughter loves going to school and is learning so much. We are thrilled with Stoneleigh.

our school has a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10.

Last modified Stoneleigh Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.