Baltimore, MD

Summit Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2015
The school is infected with LICE -- beware! Check your child's hair on a daily basis. The teachers spend a big part of the school year coaching the students for the MSAs (to boost the scores), rather than providing a standard well-rounded curriculum. For the PARCC - they use the paper version rather than the computerized version -- suspect!

Summit Park Elementary School 1

Posted March 03, 2015
The school was awesome until the administration changed in 2014-2015 school year. The former vice-principal was promoted to principal, and there is a newly appointed vice-principal. The new principal is always out sick; she essentially passes all hands on interventions and decisions the vice-principal who is clearly uninterested in helping parents to resolve issues -- he is a poor mediator, and he is clearly biased. The lower grade level teachers are awesome -- they are very supportive; however, the upper level (4th /5th) grade teacher's lack support - they degrade and humiliate the students and place expectations on the student without offering support. One of the 4th grade teacher forces the students to write their own deficiency notices (pink slips) and then she signs it and sends it to the parent! It's really cruel. How would she feel if the principle made her write her own pink slip and then sign it and send it to the school board. The saddest part is the intentional "segregation." You cannot attend this public school if you live in a public apartment; it is only zoned for private property (home & condo) owners.

Posted December 07, 2014
My son graduated this past June 2014 and his education and the attention he was given was exceptional. The graduation ceremony was like a high school graduation with a keynote speaker where all kids were proud to have gone there. Parents are very supportive and teachers were very caring. Student conflicts were resolved amicably. My son who is not a fan of school in general loved Summit Park Elementary.

Posted November 17, 2013
My daughter loves Summit Park Elementary! She loves all of her teachers and support staff! She feels supported and she begs to stay to stay at school to attend homework club. The staff is kind and considerate and are accessible via email, phone and in person. Summit Park Elementary is a great school.

Posted July 28, 2013
Summitt Park is as good as it gets for 2013. I am a substitute Teacher in other schools and this School has the best children and best staff. The faculty really cares about the children and I know my daughter's love this school.

Posted August 13, 2012
We love Summit Park. The entire staff is friendly, knows our children, and works very hard to make the school the best. Our children work hard and enjoy school. We couldn't ask for a better place.

Summit Park Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2011
I have gotten frustrated with Summit Park. I have seen more and more examples of favoritism with the children. I understand that the more well-behaved kids can be counted on, but it would be nice to see ALL of the children be given the same opportunities. I think that some of the teachers are focus more on the MSA scores than the social needs of the kids.

Posted September 22, 2009
This will be our 4th year at Summit Park (I have a 1st and 3rd grader) and my overall experience has been very positive. The teachers are great and very responsive. They genuinely care about the students. My kids actually love going to school!

Summit Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2009
My experience with SPE has been frustrating. One of the most difficult issues to overcome is the school's inherent refusal to communicate with parents. Also, this school overlooks critical elements of education. The school fails to promote creativity or to inspire imaginative thinking. Even art class at SPE is rigid and structured. I think that all the problems with SPE comes from a lack of quality leadership.

Posted May 04, 2009
I believe this school is excellent. I have been in several other schools and teachers do make a difference. You can have an outstanding community, but if the teaching isn't there, the kids only rise to the expectation set before them! I love this school!

Summit Park Elementary School
6920 Diana Rd, Baltimore, MD  21209
Last modified Summit Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top