Baltimore, MD

Woodlawn Middle School 4

Posted November 14, 2012
My stepson is a 6 grader at this school and so far I've been pleased with his progress. His teachers are genuinely kind and willing to push him to excel further. The school staff has always been friendly and very willing to assist with any questions or concerns that I have.

Woodlawn Middle School 4

Posted March 10, 2011
Woodlawn Middle School have made great progress in the past 4 years in behavior and in academics. The leadership has really motivated the teachers, parents & kids. The parents can see that the entire staff cares about the success of all students and therefore more parents are involved. In 2009 & 2010 over 40% of students in all grades scored advance on the MSA for reading and math, with a large portion scoring proficient as well. I had one student graduate from Woodlawn in the beginning of the of the restructuring plan and one who graduated from Sudbrook. I currently have a straight A student, who takes GT reading along with GT math and am not afraid to allow my child to attend Woodlawn Middle. Sudbrook and Catonsville are no longer the only middle schools that can provide an good education in our area. Below are links to back up my opinion http://www.mdreportcard.org/Assessments.aspx?K=030253&WDATA=School http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-07-23/news/0907220109_1_woodlawn-middle-arbutus-middle-baltimore-county ding and math.

Woodlawn Middle School 3

Posted October 08, 2008
I believe, for the most part, the administrators are doing the best they can with what they have. Unfortunately, when resources are scarce you have to make sacrifices somewhere. Its so unfortunate! In my opinion, parents need to be more involved and become proactive rather than waiting for the administrators to inform us/them of the problem and expect them (the administrators) to have all the answers and solve them.

Posted August 23, 2007
I am former student of woodlawn middle and now my child is a student there I have had nothing but problem since the day he starting at the school. Most of the teachers their do not care about your childs educationthe Administrative staff is not any better. The acadmic level of the students are very low. I would not recommand this school to anyone. Send your child to another local school and good luck.

Posted September 14, 2005

Woodlawn Middle School 5

Posted August 22, 2005
Woodlawn has changed among the years. You may think because of what you hear Woodlawn is a bad school. You've heard wrong. Woodlawn has got better every year. Everyone can't afford private schools. If you can't this is a good place to send your child.

Woodlawn Middle School 2

Posted July 05, 2005
- a former student

Posted January 13, 2005
If you want your children to regress, this is the school to go to! It is so untidy, dirty and out of control. Your child will get lost in the system for sure. Dont go here, if you value your child's education. Move or pay for private school. It is low rate, and low end of the spectrum with learning also. My children moved into this school system from another, and they teach these children at Woodlawn a grade behind and say they aren't. My children were unchallenged, bored and miserable. Go read the demographics on the BCPS web site. They saftey there is unreal.

Woodlawn Middle School
3033 Saint Lukes Ln, Baltimore, MD  21207
Last modified Woodlawn Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlawn Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top