Baltimore, MD
Students enrolled: 1,498

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 1

Posted September 21, 2013
I attended 10th-12th grade and graduated in 1996. All 3 years we were given the answers for the Maryland State tests. The test answers are multiple choice 1 finger was A, 2 fingers B and so on. I can't speak on what goes on there today however, now as a parent it's been a priority for my children not to attend Woodlawn Middle or high school based on my experiences. I wasn't prepared for college.

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 3

Posted September 11, 2013
I attended Woodlawn for 10th- 12th grade. I graduated in 2005. In my opinion Woodlawn was not a good school. I transferred from a private school and a lot of what was being taught in the 10th grade there were things I learned in middle school. A number of students, more than expected, could not even read at a high school grade level. I honestly tried to get something out of it but they were behind. Learning about prepositions in the 10th grade is just wild to me. I hear they have gotten rid of a lot of the teachers and changed a lot with the curriculum. They really needed to. It's much better now supposedly.

Posted September 10, 2013
Woodlawn was a great experience for me. What I see is parents/guardians blaming adminstration and teachers for problems that students have. Woodlawn has always had a negative stereotype but was nothing like I've heard. The parents need to get more involved and build more positive relationships with staff to help all children succeed. I say stop complaining and help change. I have been successful since leaving Woodlawn and received a Maters degree. Woodlawn has some of the most caring and hardworking teachers in Baltimore County Pulic School system!!!

Posted June 20, 2013
I spent all four of my High School years at Woodlawn, graduating in 2007. I currently have a degree in Electrical Engineering from a top 20 University in Engineering. Woodlawn is about what you make of it. During long nights of studying in college, I would reminisce moments where my coach would say, "... how bad do you want it?" I remember teachers encouraging me to work-hard and focus because they recognized my potential before I could see it. Woodlawn taught me to be a leader and to never give up on my dreams!

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 4

Posted January 01, 2011
This is my son's 3rd year at Woodlawn High School and he has seen much success in his years here. He has improved his grades from below average in standard classes to excellent grades in Honors, GT, and AP courses because of teacher's constant dedication to working with students in school and out of school on their spare time. He has matured exceptionally with being apart of the magnet engineering program, and the robotics and music program there. He was also able to be apart of an internship with the Maryland Transit Administration and the Baltimore Redline, college tours of HBCU's around the nation through the school, and perform at varies concerts with the music program at Woodlawn. Woodlawn in my opinion is a school with a tremendous amount of potential that is waiting to be seen though its students and I am glad the school is pushing students in the right direction when it comes to building character. Even though Woodlawn has just recently gone through restructuring, the school continues to work to push their student to become leaders of society. The school's motto is "Witness the Change", Well I believe I have witnessed this change within my son.

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 1

Posted November 23, 2010
Ambulances and fire trucks always at the school. This school is terrible, the absolute worst in the county. If this is what Baltimore County Schools are like, my child will not go to these schools. Teachers and students fighting often. Drugs, and hardly no rules being followed. Many of the administrators are unprofessional, show favortism, and too friendly with students. Many of them are not doing their jobs. There is no consistency with this school, fights all the time, poor education, kids always in the hallway. I took my daughter out of this school right away. I tried to be involved but sensed my involvement was not welcome. There was no respect for me, and all I was doing was being a concerned parent. My child was definitely not safe at this school and I do not want her safety compromised being there. This school should be shut down. My child's education suffered.

Posted September 05, 2009

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 2

Posted August 20, 2009

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 2

Posted April 24, 2009

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. 0

Posted April 08, 2009
I felt that woodlawn was a complete joke! there 'engineering' program is a complete failure, and the administration plays favoritisms only to avoid the emminent threat of problem students. This school is a menance to the youth and should be dealt with appropriately. Vigourous programs should be included in the classes to 'weed' out the individulas who dont take learning serious. This school is just another 'mall' for kids to hang out at

Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res.
1801 Woodlawn Dr, Baltimore, MD  21207
Last modified Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlawn High Center For Pre-Eng. Res. Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top