Golden Ring Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 590 students

Posted April 26, 2014

I went to Golden Ring Middle School for 6th & 7th grade and I must say I received the best education I've ever had so far at this school. I felt like it was a safe environment for me a d my friends. I will forever be indebted to the teachers there because not only did they give me an excellent education, they taught me about the real world. They've instilled great messages to me that I will never forget. It was a comfortable environment as well because we were encouraged to be ourselves.I no longer attend this school, but I know I will never find another like it. -Delilah Jones

Posted April 3, 2014

MY school is great environment for students to focus on their studies.And a great place to gets students ready for the real world.

Posted August 30, 2012

i am a student i love golden ring middle the school is not bad and our staff is not a complete joke i dont care what anybody has to say this school is great we are the first non magnent school to have a theater program and we have a AVID program i have been at golden ring for 6th 7th and now 8th grade i have enjoyed myself i will be sad when i graduate this year but i learned all i could and golden ring is improving and inplus its not the teachers its some students and you know what some people just dont raise there kids right so dont blame the school and to me golden ring will always be number 1 and anyone who disagrees i really dont care WE ARE THE BEST AND WE ARE OVER ACHIEVERS!!!!!

Posted May 25, 2011

I am a teacher at Golden Ring Middle School and I must say that the students of Golden Ring are some of the most innovative, caring, and overall good-natured students that I could have hoped for. Thanks to our student government association, two weekends ago, we had nearly 50 students and teachers show up on a Saturday morning at 8 am to improve the school grounds. I am frustrated that there are several posts on this site that represent the minority of the overall experience with GRMS. Like any urban school, we battle certain unique challenges such as students who have a difficult time dealing with conflict and lowered test scores from past educational gaps; however, we have a dedicated administrative team who relentlessly pursue great teachers and a great learning environment for our students. We all work hard to use parent, teacher, and student feedback to consistently improve our effectiveness as an institution. I am humbled to be able to learn from such aspiring young adults as Golden Ring s students and to hear the impact that Golden Ring has had on their long-term goals and aspirations. September 2011 cannot come soon enough for me.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 18, 2011

This school is the poster child for TERRIBLE schools. I withdrew my child after a few weeks as he was being bullied and administration did nothing to prevent it. I told them where an incident was likely to occur, 2 days after being told it would be taken care of, my child was assaulted exactly where i told them. I even had teachers come right out and tell me that pulling my child out was best for his safety. Teachers can't control classes and administration is a complete joke. However, they surely do protect the bully, who cares about the abused students! It is an unsafe environment and students are not able to learn as they should because they are in constant fear. Very sad!

Posted September 29, 2010

You child is not safe in golden ring middle school. You send your child to school the best education he/she could receive but he/she comes home with a black eye. Tell me do you think golden ring middle is a good place for your child. Me: (I'm transfering mine asap)

Posted March 22, 2010

I go to Golden Ring Middle School and I like it there alot. I recently switched schools and on my first day at Golden Ring i was really nerves and i mad alot of friends really fast and I've only been there two and a half weeks!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 11, 2008

My daughter recently transferred to Golden Ring Middle and she loves it. She is making lots of friends; not to mention, she loves all the teachers and staff. I am very grateful to everyone at Golden Ring for helping my daughter glide through this transition. Attitude is everything! :)

Posted December 10, 2008

I was a former student there and to be honest it was the best year of my life. I am white and when I was going there it was only about 2-4% white. I stood out but as long as you have a good personality you'll get alonge with everyone. The teachers we're fun and taught well. A few in particular. I met the most amazing people there and have found some of my best friends for life there.

Posted February 29, 2008

My child loves it there, they have a Great GT (Gifted and Talented) Program. The teachers are Great.

Posted August 3, 2007

as a parent of 4 i must say this is by far the most depressing school of them all 3 of my kids went there. So I'm convenced to never let my youngest child go there ever.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2014.

154 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2014.

192 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Maryland used the Maryland School Assessment (MSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science. The MSA is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Maryland. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

210 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2014.

208 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2014.

217 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2014.

218 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2014.

217 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 71%N/A42%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Nurse(s)
School counslor
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • Join PTO/PTA
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6700 Kenwood Ave