Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teachers don't teach students now that everyone has laptops. They even allow kids to listen to music in school, do us as parents know what their listening to. Answer is no and neither do the teachers since they wear headphones. My kid emailed her teacher a question about a assignment, he replied back telling her to Google it. Smh

I went to Golden Ring Middle School for 6th & 7th grade and I must say I received the best education I've ever had so far at this school. I felt like it was a safe environment for me a d my friends. I will forever be indebted to the teachers there because not only did they give me an excellent education, they taught me about the real world. They've instilled great messages to me that I will never forget. It was a comfortable environment as well because we were encouraged to be ourselves.I no longer attend this school, but I know I will never find another like it. -Delilah Jones

MY school is great environment for students to focus on their studies.And a great place to gets students ready for the real world.

i am a student i love golden ring middle the school is not bad and our staff is not a complete joke i dont care what anybody has to say this school is great we are the first non magnent school to have a theater program and we have a AVID program i have been at golden ring for 6th 7th and now 8th grade i have enjoyed myself i will be sad when i graduate this year but i learned all i could and golden ring is improving and inplus its not the teachers its some students and you know what some people just dont raise there kids right so dont blame the school and to me golden ring will always be number 1 and anyone who disagrees i really dont care WE ARE THE BEST AND WE ARE OVER ACHIEVERS!!!!!

the teachers are nice and if you stay to yourself and don't hang out with the wrong crowd you will do just fine. this is a great school i was scared the first day i went there because i heard so many bad things about it i haven't got bullied or anything from the middle of the 6th grade until the end of middle school!!!

I am a teacher at Golden Ring Middle School and I must say that the students of Golden Ring are some of the most innovative, caring, and overall good-natured students that I could have hoped for. Thanks to our student government association, two weekends ago, we had nearly 50 students and teachers show up on a Saturday morning at 8 am to improve the school grounds. I am frustrated that there are several posts on this site that represent the minority of the overall experience with GRMS. Like any urban school, we battle certain unique challenges such as students who have a difficult time dealing with conflict and lowered test scores from past educational gaps; however, we have a dedicated administrative team who relentlessly pursue great teachers and a great learning environment for our students. We all work hard to use parent, teacher, and student feedback to consistently improve our effectiveness as an institution. I am humbled to be able to learn from such aspiring young adults as Golden Ring s students and to hear the impact that Golden Ring has had on their long-term goals and aspirations. September 2011 cannot come soon enough for me.

This school is the poster child for TERRIBLE schools. I withdrew my child after a few weeks as he was being bullied and administration did nothing to prevent it. I told them where an incident was likely to occur, 2 days after being told it would be taken care of, my child was assaulted exactly where i told them. I even had teachers come right out and tell me that pulling my child out was best for his safety. Teachers can't control classes and administration is a complete joke. However, they surely do protect the bully, who cares about the abused students! It is an unsafe environment and students are not able to learn as they should because they are in constant fear. Very sad!

You child is not safe in golden ring middle school. You send your child to school the best education he/she could receive but he/she comes home with a black eye. Tell me do you think golden ring middle is a good place for your child. Me: (I'm transfering mine asap)

I go to Golden Ring Middle School and I like it there alot. I recently switched schools and on my first day at Golden Ring i was really nerves and i mad alot of friends really fast and I've only been there two and a half weeks!!!

My daughter recently transferred to Golden Ring Middle and she loves it. She is making lots of friends; not to mention, she loves all the teachers and staff. I am very grateful to everyone at Golden Ring for helping my daughter glide through this transition. Attitude is everything! :)

Last modified Golden Ring Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.