Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Posted July 12, 2016
The school is great. My son, 6th grader, loves going there. It's the first time I saw him getting up early without an alarm. I am excited.

Southampton Middle School 3

Posted May 30, 2016
This school doesn't do anything for their graduating class of 8th graders. No graduation, just a dance that has a dress code of no formal wear and no limos. Really? They're excited about graduating. Let them have the fun they deserve. This school has had bomb threats and i heard about it from my child before the school contacted parents. I'm very unhappy with this school and it's aggravating that they don't care!!!

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted April 05, 2016
Students are definitely treated differently by the staff. A student issue is treated differently based on what staff thinks about the reporting student.

Southampton Middle School 2

Posted April 05, 2016
My son no longer feels safe at this school. He is bullied constantly and when he goes to staff about the problems he is having, he is either told he's making it up or is blamed for causing the issue. In other words, victim blaming. It is at the point he is hoping we move just so he doesn't have to go back to this school next year.

Posted May 29, 2014
Both my children attend this school, 6th and 8th grade. Overall, we are very satisfied with the attention of teachers, how well organized the school is and most importantly the education both of my children are receiving.

Southampton Middle School 3

Posted August 06, 2011
I recently went to Southampton and I thought it was a decent school. The teachers do their job well and the classrooms are clean and organized. The Unified Arts programs they offer are hands on and intruiging. They conduct monthly fire drills and the principal is kind but also uses dicipline if needed. However, there is a big bullying problem. I can tell the school is trying to put an end to this, but their efforts are in vain. Over all, Southampton Middle is a good school, and I learned a lot there.

Posted May 07, 2010
My son is a 7th grade student on the top band team. We are very happy with Southampton. The administration runs a tight ship and the teachers are excellent. Programs like Gettysburg preservation and the Marathon of Achievement make Southampton a special place. Congratulations!

Posted March 09, 2010
Outstanding school. Students are well prepared for high school. Teachers and administration are truly dedicated. The building is immaculate. My two children felt safe and happy and have fond memories of their middle school years.

Southampton Middle School 4

Posted December 03, 2009
I am currently an eight grader at Southampton Middle School and I am soon going to be moving. Out of the schools I've seen, where i will be moving I was not really impressed. If I had the choice of any school to go to this would be the one. Teachers here are very caring and there are a lot of extra programs for students.

Posted October 12, 2009
My daughter is in her last year at Southampton and loves the school. Teachers are caring and the kids get a lot out of classes, Administration runs a tight ship and the bullying issues we have run into have been dealt with immediately. I have heard of other parents having a harder time getting hard core bullies expelled but it eventually happened. My daughter an I both wish HCPS had passed the uniform code because uniforms would take a lot of stress off of pre-teens and teens. There are some extracurricular clubs but the crushing HW load means that my daughter does not have time to do anything but HW which has been the most stressful thing about school.

1200 Moores Mill Rd, Bel Air, MD  21014
Last modified Southampton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.