Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

The school is great. My son, 6th grader, loves going there. It's the first time I saw him getting up early without an alarm. I am excited.

This school doesn't do anything for their graduating class of 8th graders. No graduation, just a dance that has a dress code of no formal wear and no limos. Really? They're excited about graduating. Let them have the fun they deserve. This school has had bomb threats and i heard about it from my child before the school contacted parents. I'm very unhappy with this school and it's aggravating that they don't care!!!

Develops character: Disagree

Students are definitely treated differently by the staff. A student issue is treated differently based on what staff thinks about the reporting student.

My son no longer feels safe at this school. He is bullied constantly and when he goes to staff about the problems he is having, he is either told he's making it up or is blamed for causing the issue. In other words, victim blaming. It is at the point he is hoping we move just so he doesn't have to go back to this school next year.

Both my children attend this school, 6th and 8th grade. Overall, we are very satisfied with the attention of teachers, how well organized the school is and most importantly the education both of my children are receiving.

I recently went to Southampton and I thought it was a decent school. The teachers do their job well and the classrooms are clean and organized. The Unified Arts programs they offer are hands on and intruiging. They conduct monthly fire drills and the principal is kind but also uses dicipline if needed. However, there is a big bullying problem. I can tell the school is trying to put an end to this, but their efforts are in vain. Over all, Southampton Middle is a good school, and I learned a lot there.

My son is a 7th grade student on the top band team. We are very happy with Southampton. The administration runs a tight ship and the teachers are excellent. Programs like Gettysburg preservation and the Marathon of Achievement make Southampton a special place. Congratulations!

Outstanding school. Students are well prepared for high school. Teachers and administration are truly dedicated. The building is immaculate. My two children felt safe and happy and have fond memories of their middle school years.

I am currently an eight grader at Southampton Middle School and I am soon going to be moving. Out of the schools I've seen, where i will be moving I was not really impressed. If I had the choice of any school to go to this would be the one. Teachers here are very caring and there are a lot of extra programs for students.

My daughter is in her last year at Southampton and loves the school. Teachers are caring and the kids get a lot out of classes, Administration runs a tight ship and the bullying issues we have run into have been dealt with immediately. I have heard of other parents having a harder time getting hard core bullies expelled but it eventually happened. My daughter an I both wish HCPS had passed the uniform code because uniforms would take a lot of stress off of pre-teens and teens. There are some extracurricular clubs but the crushing HW load means that my daughter does not have time to do anything but HW which has been the most stressful thing about school.

Last modified Southampton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.