Posted January 17, 2015
We are parishioners at St Hugh Church in Greenbelt. When the St Hugh School was closed and St Joseph became our regional school it was clear that was the place for our son. We are so glad our son is attending St Joseph's Regional Catholic School. The staff is amazing and the Home and School Association and the parish have done amazing things. My son started here in 1st grade and is now in 4th grade. Since he fist attended, ALL CLASSROOMS have had air conditioning installed, all of the lighting has been replaced with state of the art LED energy saving lighting, work has been done on the roof and parking lot. There is always something going on to improve the school. Along with the improvements to the facilities, I love the staff. They are energetic, they motivate the kids, and the kids respond. Help is provided for students who struggle, and challenges are provided for those who are excelling. There are several other Catholic schools in the area where we could have sent our son to, but St. Joseph is the place for us. We love it!

Posted September 25, 2014
I am so happy that I made the decision to send my daughter to St. Joe's. I love that there is a family atmosphere and the classes are relatively small. I have no doubt that my daughter is getting the attention that she needs. The staff is amazing -- always positive and so welcoming. The school is extremely well-run and the communication from school to home is exceptional. The building itself has gotten a lot of support from the parish and the new pastor has brought a new energy to the whole community. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a quality neighborhood school!

Posted September 18, 2014
St. Joseph s school is truly exceptional and, as a parent, I would highly recommend it. Small student body allows for individual care from teachers and staff, who treat and develop each child as the gift from God that he or she is. The principal greets you and your child with a smile each morning at an efficient drop off. And she waves good buy every afternoon at a very well organized pick up. The aftercare staff focuses on doing homework with the kids, but also allows them time to play and relax. Although it is an older school building, the equipment and supplies are on par with the best schools - from the brand new science lab, to smart boards in each classroom, to new air conditioning system. And students reflect all the care and great education that they receive at St. Joseph. They are polite, respectful and get accepted to the best high schools in the area. As another parent stated, St. Joseph is a gem.

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school since K; she's now in 2nd grade. My experience so far has been good. Any time I've had an issue, I have been satisfied w/how they were resolved. I feel like the teachers my daughter has had so far have been caring. The only issue I have is the bldg; it really is old and could use some renovating. A/C in all class rooms should be installed.

Posted March 21, 2014
The teachers at this school help each and every student reach their full potential. And having a small student body all the students are very close to each other and help each other. My son is also in the aftercare program and when I pick my child up from school late in the day I see teachers who have put a full day in still working on projects and lessons for the students. This school is a gem!

Posted January 15, 2014
I honestly love the school and most of all my child which is most important, currently in Pre-K. She is recieving a great education and i love the programs offered. This is my first school experience in PGCPS and i would like to keep her attending here until 8th if we can continue

Posted December 18, 2013
Re. the previous 2012-13 comments, the school has a new principal now, a woman who is a lay Franciscan. Things have completely turned around. Parents and teachers all seem thrilled and the place is filled with joy.

St. Joseph Catholic School 2

Posted April 27, 2013
No longer a quality institution. Currently undergoing much turmoil....unhappy parents, demoralized teachers and out of control students. School is deteriorating under current leadership.

Posted April 03, 2013
I could not disagree more with the last review. The current principal is energetic, very approachable and involved in the daily academic and spiritual life of the students at the school. He is a breath of fresh air! St. Joseph s is a wonderful school that fosters a learning environment that is academically rigorous and Christ-centered. The teachers are very dedicated to ensuring that each child is supported, nurtured and academically challenged. My child has grown from her experiences at the school and is happy to go to school every day. I would highly recommend this school (and the current principal) to anyone looking for a faith-based, family oriented and academically strong school with a bright future.

St. Joseph Catholic School 3

Posted December 19, 2012
The school used to be a great school, I've heard. The school will decline under the current principal. He is a first year principal and he doesn't appear to have the skills to lead a quality institution. He has been inconsiderate to me and disrespectful to his staff. My child can even see this, which is a serious problem. I believe it is important for parents, teachers and students to respect and believe in the principal. Based on my experience with other schools, I don't think Mr. Jankowski will foster this sort of environment. Otherwise, this is a fine school, so I hope he improves soon.

St. Joseph Catholic School
11011 Montgomery Road, Beltsville, MD  20705
Last modified St. Joseph Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Joseph Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top