Berwyn Heights, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted November 13, 2014
My child attended BHES a few years ago, and I found this page just now while browsing. I have to say, I'm disappointed with the apparent dropping in standardized rating; my child's years at the school were cut short by our move but at that point in time the school was rated 6/10 by this site. The educational services provided by the school are actually pretty amazing given the resources of the area; although the art teacher was shared by several schools, many teachers ran a mini "extras" program themselves, allowing the students full creative rein. As for standardized academia, the school doesn't fall short. CTY testing goes on, there is a mini "Talented and Gifted" program, and the school has multiple excellent students in the online First In Math as well. All in all, Berwyn Heights' local elementary is a fairly outstanding public school

Posted April 17, 2014
My wife and I love this school. I have met all the the upper administration and most of the teachers. They are seem to be passionate about teaching and making a positive impact on the students. I would defiantly recommend this school.

Posted February 06, 2013
What a wonderful neighborhood school we have in BHES! My oldest son is halfway through kindergarten so we are new to the school, but we have been so impressed by his (national board certified) teacher, the principal and all the great staff here. He is so much further ahead in reading and all his subjects than we thought he would be after just 6 months in K. Its amazing how much they have covered in such a short time. The building is bright and clean, with the hallways lined with the students' work; the school gardens are super and having a school uniform is great. The school always seems very orderly and all the students I've met are polite and respectful to each other and their teachers.

Posted December 26, 2011
The only reason why I did not rate this school with a score of excellence is because of a (now thankfully removed) instructor named T.B who was disrespectful and lazy. The principal is great, and loving, and unlike the abomination known as Springhill Lake elementary school, there is no gang activity.

Posted April 21, 2010
I have 2 kid who attend this school (K and 1st) grade. So far I have had a great experience with this school and I agree will all other parents - Principal leadership is excellent.

Berwyn Heights Elementary School 0

Posted November 05, 2009
I love Berwyn Heights Elementary School because of the great staff that work there

Posted May 15, 2009
This is an exceptional neighborhood school. The choral teacher is top notch. We have been very happy with the education our 3 children have received here.

Berwyn Heights Elementary School 0

Posted September 24, 2008
This is a wonderful school. I have a daughter in 5th grade who started her instrument in 4th grade. A son who has has special needs and I have been highly impressed with the way the teachers, principal, and staff are all eager to help in any way they can.

Posted August 14, 2008
I have two children at BHES - the oldest entering his 6th year there and the youngest his 2nd. I love this school - the teachers are passionate about teaching and the administration works hard to constantly better the school. I would love to see more recess for the kids but overall couldn't be happier.

Posted July 10, 2008

Berwyn Heights Elementary School
6200 Pontiac St, Berwyn Heights, MD  20740
Last modified Berwyn Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Berwyn Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top