Posted April 27, 2014
Perfect. We aren't Catholic. I was simply looking for the most nurturing, competent place to put my just turned three year old there was. As a several generation Washington/Bethesda native who has traversed the private and public school arenas from McLean to DC and from Chevy Chase to Potomac, I knew quality when it presented itself and present itself, it did. I am a grandmother. I have raised several children hereabouts and I have bought the services of the most prestigious educational institutions. Lourdes is the best, at least for my bright, sweet little child. The strong principal graciously lead the experienced and creative teachers, all very talented. Mr. Long a terrific male role model and former Marine led the children in a no nonsense challenging and fun athletic program. I could not recommend a school more highly than Lourdes.

Posted December 11, 2013
OLOL is an excellent school. The principal's strong leadership and guidance sets the tone for a nurturing, high-quality educational and faith-based environment. Our daughter's teacher is an excellent educator who has coupled rigor with creativity, play with discipline, and faith with joy. I cannot recommend this school more highly. Parental involvement is strong, a sense of community pervades, and the school continues to impress me more each day.

Posted June 26, 2012
More than just a great school tOLOL is a community centered on academic excellence, service, faith and ...fun.. Our Lady of Lourdes is an outstanding inclusive school which recognizes the gifts and talents of every child and nurtures those gifts in every child. The school is academically challenging and innovative using textbooks, age appropriate novels field trips, technology, physical activity and more to engage the children. The principal is a strong knowledgeable leader who does not have a cookie cutter approach to education and includes innovative strategies to engage all children including those with differing learning abilities and needs. If that were not enough, the school excels in sports and includes physical activity into the learning process, fundraising and extracurricular activities.

Posted February 15, 2012
This school is simply amazing. Our daughter started in PreK and she has transformed tremendously. The Pre-K program is very strong academically and very well organized. The classes are small and plus the children are broken down in small groups so the children really receive individualized attention. The leadership Mrs McGann and Mr long are very caring about their children and very involved in the development of their children. Mr Long has definately the best camp as our daughter vocabulary, self confidence boosted during the ten weeks. We could not believe our eyes. We are really proud parents as we could not have asked for a better school.

Posted December 07, 2011
Our children love attending our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School. OLOL is a special school. The school has excellent leadership--a strong principal who genuinely knows and cares for each and every child in the school. The school environment is inclusive and demands/fosters kindness and respect. One can sense the fruits of this when meeting students from Lourdes. Students are challenged academically but the school is not a pressure cooker. Children are encouraged and expected to use all of their gifts and talents to the best of their ability. There are opportunities for all Lourdes students to shine and to help each other shine. The extracurricular activities, including sports teams, are inclusive and affirming. We discovered Lourdes a bit by accident and happily recommend it; it's a rare gem in the heart of downtown Bethesda.

Posted May 14, 2011
I have just returned to Lexington,Ma. after attending my granddaughter's First Holy Communion at Our Lady of Lourdes Church. As a retired teacher and administer, I am so pleased that my two granddaughters are fortunate enough to attend this school. I was there for a week and attended the opening of each day with an assembly that sets the tone for each school day. There are announcements for birthday and /or other events,prayers,singing ,.etc. Every child is standing in line with their class in a comfortable, community based setting. The principal always ends with words of encouragement and a message. One day, it was to do one nice thing that day for someone.I had carried a chair for my husband to sit on and when the students were dismissed, a 5th grader came to me and offered to carry the chair for me. I replied,'You have already followed your principal's request. The faculty is dedicated and caring and it shows in their smiles and behavior. Bravo to all!

Posted October 10, 2010
LOVE IT!!!! Is not only a school but a family, and a place to grow with your child. To meet their friends, and to be tehre for them.

Posted March 05, 2010
OLOL is amazing! We began in Pre-K and were so impressed we have continued. The school works hard to create a very close knit group-Teachers and students all know every student in the school by their first name. They take time to learn about each student so an 8th grade teacher will say hello to a 3rd grader by name. The after care program is run by Mr. Long who also has a summer camp. The children love it--you can sign up once a week or all year. Principal McGann has done an amazing job in very tough economic times to support technological advancement. Each class room has computers and smart boards. Yes the school building is old but the classrooms and hallways are bursting with art work and color. The school is socially and economically diverse which I love- something for everyone! We love OLOL!

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 1

Posted February 15, 2010
My children have been at Lourdes for three years. Although it is a nice school it is not great. My children have had problems with friends, and some of the teachers are not as experienced as I thought they would be. The falculty also keeps changeing each year. I am very dissapointed as I thought Lourdes would be a better place where my students could live and love. But so far they have come home crying and upset at what Lourdes has done to them. I hope the environment at Lourdes will change as I have a friend who is looking to send her son to Lourdes, and I do not want her to go throught the same things I did with having to deal with Lourdes.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 1

Posted November 18, 2009
We are completely disappointed in Lourdes this year. Students are unsupervised and complaints are not taken seriously. This is the second year that we have been at Lourdes and there will not be a third.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School
7500 Pearl Street, Bethesda, MD  20814
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top