Bethesda, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted June 02, 2014
Being a very resent student of The Woods and now a graduate, I look back eith joy on my years at The Woods Academy. It is a place where each indavidual student is givin the attention they need. Where friendships are forged and will last a life time. I am very happy to have the experiance I did at Woods and hope that more kids could have a place like Woods!

Posted March 12, 2014
We have been sending our two kids to The Woods Academy for almost 4 years now and it's a wonderful school. The small class sizes (not larger than 17 per class) ensure considerable attention to each child. The teachers really know our kids and have been able to adapt as needed. That said, those with serious special needs might not be the right fit at The Woods. We like that the core aspects of the curriculum are traditional with integrated technology in the classrooms. The kids get Spanish or French as a second language daily, and the art and music programs are very strong. The environment is nurturing and supportive of a well-rounded approach to education. Unlike the previous poster, our experience has been that even the slightest hint of bullying is addressed swiftly and seriously. In my experience, the teachers, the administration and the guidance program are well aligned on emphasizing kindness and cultivating social and emotional intelligence. I strongly recommend The Woods!

The Woods Academy 1

Posted February 16, 2014
This school,while the education is great, is probably the worst mistake I ever had made. My child came home crying almost every day because of all the bullies in the school. If you are even slightly different you are shunned to quite a high degree. Please don't send your child here
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 10, 2013
Our two boys graduated from The Woods Academy a good number of years ago. To this day, I do a little sigh of joy when I recall those days. Aside from the Catholic tenants, the school is inherently kind and the children learn manners, character and positive life lessons in the loving yet demanding environment. Both of my boys still love the school and have extremely fond memories while feeling that they were well prepared academically for the next part of their journey. I am still in contact with some of the teachers. They love what they do and live the same way outside of the classroom. When I meet parents of current students, I hear the same things we feel. The school has maintained it's working formula. I know we gave our boys the best start at The Woods Academy.

Posted October 01, 2010
I am a graduate of the Woods Academy and I am now thrilled to be starting my 4th year as a parent at the Woods! The school still has the great sense of community and friendly teachers and staff that existed when I went there. There have been several recent improvements to the facility that has made Woods an even better school. The Woods understands how to balance a strong academic program with significant emphasis on art, drama, athletics, language, and technology. It is a well rounded environment where my boys are thriving.

The Woods Academy 0

Posted October 23, 2009
This is a loving caring environment for the little ones and a supportive rigorous academic environment for the older ones. The teachers and staff are the utmost professional and you can simply tell they love their job.

Posted July 15, 2009
Woods is a terrific school for my two children. The class size ensures that they are well known by caring, professional teachers. The school offers great programs in technology, the arts and athletics in a Catholic, faith-based community.

Posted May 19, 2009
I absolutly love love love the Woods academy they have the nicest teachers i have ever met and i have learned so much since i been a student here. I would never ever choose anything else besides woods

Posted February 15, 2009

Posted February 13, 2009
I love woods so much because of its community, acadeics, sports, and teacher-student relationships. I have gone there my whole life and would never go anywhere else. Woods has been the best time of my life.

The Woods Academy