Ashburton Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2014
I have heard good things about the school and considering it for our son - he's currently in a Montessori program for kindergarten.

Posted August 21, 2014
This is the best school I know my little 4 years old boy is autistic and they help me a lot to get through all of the stress I was because I did not know how to treat him they help him a lot and they help me as well teachers are the best I have to say I'm so lucky to had my boy there for two years he was just for PEP but he learned a lot. Thank you very much mrs. Annette and Shana you will always be in our hearts. The Flores family.

Posted November 01, 2013
Mt grandchildren began at Ashburton in Fall of 2013. They had attended an excellent school in Seattle, Washington, before. Ashburton has been comparable so far. I like the academic emphasis, the discipline, the teacher nurturance, the PTA vitality, the type of school trips, and the extra-curricular opportunities (e.g. chess & tennis) .

Posted May 24, 2012
We have two children at Ashburton. We have been very happy with all of the teachers the children have had. The principal is terrific! She is very good at running the school in an efficient, productive manner and yet is very personable with the children and parents. Parent are always welcome in the school and in the classrooms. I am impressed by the number of parents who are heavily involved with the school. There is also an incredible array of after-school programs. My children have taken art, cooking, chess, tennis, science and drama classes after-school! The classrooms all have promethean boards, which the teachers use to make lessons more interactive. All in all, Ashburton is a great place for young learners!

Posted April 01, 2011
I can't say enough about this school. We transferred to the area from overseas and had our children in a prestigious international school. I initially was concerned that my children would not be exposed to the same academic standards or diverse cultural atmosphere they had in their previous school and I had nothing to fear. The school work is challenging and appropriately matched to the child's abilities and needs. The teachers are attentive and work hard to promote independence and creativity. What I love most about Ashburton is the welcoming and collaborative culture Mrs. Garron, the principal, works hard to promote. Parents are always welcome to volunteer and be involved in the school. Unlike some schools in the area where parents are not allowed on the school grounds during school hours, Ashburton encourages family and community participation. Its not a school that primarily focuses on achieving high-test scores...they truly care about the well-being of their children.

Posted May 25, 2010
I think that Ashburton is an excellent school. The teachers, administrators and staff work hard for the well being of the students. It is a great place to learn and grow.

Ashburton Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2010
great school with the best principal and friendly secretary and capable teachers. A caring school

Ashburton Elementary School 4

Posted February 13, 2010
strong academics , good leadership from Principal Eroh, teacher quality is good but not excellent. Good place for my son but the teacher could be more understanding and less demanding. Wonderfull staff in the office , always ready to help. More lunch room interaction between students would be nicer but apparently the kids are not allowed to . Kids get way more sit out time than is recommended by the experts. 10 minutes is too long a punishment at recess time for a 6 year old child. After all that is when they run around free to get their excercize or that was how it used to be at least in my time. I'm pleased with my child's progress overall . More supportive environment couldn't hurt.

Posted November 25, 2009
I love this school and the staff. I moved to this school district, so my child could go to Ashburton. I don't regret it one bit.

Ashburton Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2009
The principal at Ashburton is way too concerned with test scores and prepping kids for the MSA. Not great leadership for teachers. The lunchroom is supervised by a drill sergeant. Kids are not respected and definitely not nurtured here.

Ashburton Elementary School
6314 Lone Oak Dr, Bethesda, MD  20817
Last modified Ashburton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ashburton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top