Bethesda, MD
Students enrolled: 2,237

Posted January 05, 2015
My daughter has thrived at this school, making many friends and enjoying the academics. In addition, there are so many activities in which to get involved. She is involved in softball, theater, the Harry Potter Club, music, and more. If you can ignore the heavily political County Board of Education, and focus on the school, it is an outstanding choice.

Posted June 27, 2014
This school has been great for my son. His English teacher was patient and when he was failing this subject, she made him "snap out of it" and he received an A. All his other teachers has been great and patient too. He is now an honor student. Can I say the school staff, e.g. office personal, counselors, etc. are great too? They treat every single person entering the school equally and with respect.

Posted December 08, 2013
One of the best school's in the country. by far the best school in montgomery county!!

Posted February 21, 2011
It is the best school in the country! The students and teachers are outstanding! The environment is so clean and safe too! The students score so high on their exams, it is unbelievable!

Posted July 24, 2010
One of my children graduated from WJ and I have another in her Junior year at WJ. I can't say enough wonderful things about this fabulous school. It has everything one would look for in an excellent school - strong leadership, caring and committed teachers, great variety of academic to meet every student's needs, sports, clubs and arts programs, strong school spirit, ethnic and socio-economic diversity and respectful students.

Posted April 27, 2010
Walter Johnson is known for its school spirit as well as its students' academic achievements. The student body is diverse but has no cliques or gangs--students pull for each other all the time. WJ has a number of fund-raising efforts and a blood drive each year, all student run. How many schools do you know where students donate to charity to see a teacher duct-taped to the wall? Or where teachers compete in a weight-loss competition? The Pep Band's tee shirts say, 'You Play Hard, We Play Loud.' Members of the school choruses are tapped for performances at the White House.

Posted December 01, 2008
This school is incredible. The attention, concern, passion, and excitement that the teachers and staff have for eduction is beyond measure. My daughter made lasting relationships with teachers and friends. Her teachers as well as the fabulous principal, Dr. Garran, helped guide her to achieve. The education program both challenged and trained my daughter to be a competitive member of society. When she went to college, she knew that she was prepared for what was ahead of her. I will always be grateful to Walter Johnson for providing a safe, nurturing, and educational atmosphere for my daughter for four years.

Posted October 18, 2008
I am a 9th grader at WJ and I love it! I feel welcome there and all the teachers are terrific! I find myself being challenged and learning everyday.

Walter Johnson High School 4

Posted June 03, 2004
I have been pleased and appreciative of the care and attention that almost every teacher has given to my son. They have shown attention and caring about his medical and emotional state as well as his academic progress. I think that he learns a great deal about the kind of adult he will want to be through this kind of example.

Walter Johnson High School
6400 Rock Spring Dr, Bethesda, MD  20814
Last modified Walter Johnson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter Johnson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top