Posted January 16, 2011
I have studied in Westbrook back in 1965. I am Brazilian, and was very well accepted by teachers and friends, although did not speak good English. I have very good memories of those 4 years.

Posted February 10, 2010
Westbrook is a great school. I've found the staff to be skilled, dedicated, sincere, and nobody seems to have an ego problem or similar rough edge.

Posted March 23, 2009

Posted May 22, 2008
A community school with involved parents. Interesting student-focused afterschool programs. Everyone walks to school - or so it seems.

Westbrook Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2008

Posted March 21, 2006
I've had children at Westbrook for four years. Westbrook is a (comparitively) small public school which allow for the 300 or so students to form a tight-knit community. Parent volunteers add much to the school as they are involved in the classrooms, with PTA programs and fundraising. Parent volunteering is highly encouraged because it vaults the school from the ho-hum to one that offeres a wide variety of extracirriculars. Children are high achievers, but those who need extra support find it through their teachers or para-educators. And those who want the extra challenge can find it easily. I think the teachers are adept at adjusting the cirriculum to fit the child. The school is growing in average class size with increased enrollement in the lower grades. The principal is in his first year at the school and is very encouraging of communication from all fronts.

Posted August 06, 2004
Fabulous neighborhood school. Very involved parent community. Supportive, caring staff. The most kind, gentle, caring principal I have ever met (and I used to be a teacher before I had kids!) The only down side is that it is a very high achieving group of kids, so that students who are performing at an 'average' level may feel 'behind'compared to many of their classmates. I've heard the special education services are good, but you need to be vocal about what you want for your child (I understand this is true throughout Montgomery County Schools...its the way their system works, I think) I think this school compares favorably with the area private schools academically.

Westbrook Elementary School
5110 Allan Ter, Bethesda, MD  20816
Last modified Westbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westbrook Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top