Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I would NOT recommend this school if your child has a learning disability, or if your children have a different way of learning. There were about a handful of teachers that had patience and took their time to make sure my child understood in class. Mrs. Leister is not the nicecst principal to deal with as a matter of fact she told me my child needed to be in a different school and that my child was elitterate. Once my child was off in middle school bc of the low grades, he was placed in special classes. Three weeks later after middle school started my child was placed in 2 advanced classes and on a regular class schedule. My child also got bullied and got kicked off the bus for defending himself and the kid that started a fight with him got to stay on the bus. I was contacted immediately and the parents of the other child were contacted the following day after I gave Mrs. Lester a piece of my mind. We must have been a target since day one. He was told that he doesn't have a cool mom, because cool moms don't work. My child is part Hispanic and Caucasian he was teased and told that he was adopted and his parents didn't care about him. Next, my child is from a broken home we are separated and the parents wanted to part to befriending us. Being on an IEP was hard bc they made me out to be the bad guy like I didn't put time and efforts with my son or his homework. The bottom line is my kid knew he wasn't wanted and is a good kid wanting to make friends and enjoys school but did not enjoy Wyngate they gave my kid a complex and made my kid feel useless. Guess what! My kid is in a magnet program at a magnet school making A's and B's and is in the 7th grade plays sports and talks to other kids about couping with learning disabilities. Proud mom!!!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My kid got bullied and my kid got in trouble for defending himself. Patrols and peers saw what happenend. Nothing happened to the child that was bullying until I went to the school to fight for my child's rights and brought a copy of my no bullying policy that I had signed

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school and principal does not support learning dissabilities at all and the teachers are not helpful to the kids with learning disabilities

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Only a handful of teachers were helpful. Others would not return emails even if it was to volunteer during parties, they had their favorite moms. The teachers would speak to me slow as if I didn't speak any English and would contact me with an interpreter. Hello!!! Born and raised in Rockville MD guys... My child was yelled at bc he didn't understand directions and told that there is no time to keep stopping for you. You are just to slow

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is too much homework my child barely had time just to eat, shower and family time. My child was always tired

Excellent neighborhood school. One of the best with Desicated teachers, challenging programS. Lots of after school Options

We have been incredibly happy with our experience at Wyngate. The teachers and pta are first rate. We have also had a good experience with the IEP process and have secured services for our children that far surpassed our expectations.

Great school, great teachers, great principal, great PTA. My daughters love to go the school.

I do really like this school. We have moved many times due to my husband's career. Across the board I am pleased and have been the past three years. I have four children. I have had a total of eight different main teachers, plus various others for math and science, etc. I have to say that I have liked every teacher I have had. That is a very tall order, and I do think the principal, Mrs. Leister makes it a bottom line. You have to be a good teacher to stay on there, and you have to care about the kids. There will always be issues with schools - they have your children, we as parents are very emotionally invested. I have been very happy in most instances with how issues are handled. There are some areas that I think could be improved but the main ones -teachers- I think get outstanding marks. I trust them to meet the needs of all of my children, and they are all different learners.

This school is wonderful. The principal is legendary and the education my children have received can't be beat. The teachers are dedicated and hardworking and there are fun and education programs sponsored by the PTA (Opera Week and Kids Night Out to name two). All in all an excellent school.

Last modified Wyngate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.