Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted January 26, 2016
Excellent neighborhood school. One of the best with Desicated teachers, challenging programS. Lots of after school Options

Posted August 28, 2015
We have been incredibly happy with our experience at Wyngate. The teachers and pta are first rate. We have also had a good experience with the IEP process and have secured services for our children that far surpassed our expectations.

Posted July 08, 2015
Great school, great teachers, great principal, great PTA. My daughters love to go the school.

Posted January 28, 2014
I do really like this school. We have moved many times due to my husband's career. Across the board I am pleased and have been the past three years. I have four children. I have had a total of eight different main teachers, plus various others for math and science, etc. I have to say that I have liked every teacher I have had. That is a very tall order, and I do think the principal, Mrs. Leister makes it a bottom line. You have to be a good teacher to stay on there, and you have to care about the kids. There will always be issues with schools - they have your children, we as parents are very emotionally invested. I have been very happy in most instances with how issues are handled. There are some areas that I think could be improved but the main ones -teachers- I think get outstanding marks. I trust them to meet the needs of all of my children, and they are all different learners.

Posted April 26, 2012
This school is wonderful. The principal is legendary and the education my children have received can't be beat. The teachers are dedicated and hardworking and there are fun and education programs sponsored by the PTA (Opera Week and Kids Night Out to name two). All in all an excellent school.

Wyngate Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2011
I have 2 kids a the school and have pretty happy. The teachers are GREAT. I like the team teaching approach that gets the teachers in the same grade level working together. The teaching are a nice mix of skilled veterans and talented young new teachers. There are two things that stop this school from getting 5 stars from me. One is that parents really aren't welcome. If you aren't the room parent, the principle doesn't want you in the building. This is directly related to the second problem. The principle doesn't want you in in the building because it is VERY crowded. She keeps a tight reign on things to manage a school that is over 150% capacity. There are 15 'temporary trailers' out back that will be replaced by a new wing being built in 2012/2013. Hopefully I can upgrade to a 5 out of 5 when the new wing is finished.

Wyngate Elementary School 2

Posted October 27, 2010
This is only a great school is your child is on the "above grade level" track. The principal does not support special education or value children with learning disabilities. This is not the place for a child that learns differently or at their own pace.

Wyngate Elementary School

Posted January 19, 2010
My daughter is in the first grade. I am very impressed by their program. The children are tested and put into reading and math groups according to their level. The first grade teachers work together and mix the students so that they are taught at the appropriate level. A reading specialist also pulls students so that class sizes are smaller for reading. My daughter works with a separate reading, math, and general teacher . They are all fantastic. However, parental involvement in your child's classroom in not permitted (other than at parties). This is a huge disappointment for me. I am not able to see what goes on during her day but I know that she is doing great as she reads very well and is already doing three digit addition with regrouping (in January). Overall, it provides a great education, just not many opportunities for parental involvement.

Posted October 29, 2008
My daughter is in her third year in the school (2nd grade) and we love Wyngate Elementary. We started with a serious challenge - our girl suffered from selective mutism which leads to very high anxiety in new surroundings. Fortunately the school counselor, Nancy Elbin, helped my wife and I get through this difficult situation by helping us find resources and connecting us to fellow parents of SM children. Today our daughter is doing very well and has a great group of friends. Kudos to the Principle, Barbara Leister, who does a magnificent job managing the school and a awesome group of teachers. The final element is the families that share this school. It is a diverse neighborhood but a common denominator a strong focus on raising good kids and getting engaged in the PTA and school activities.

Posted January 27, 2006
It has been a wonderful 5 years at Wyngate. From the principal down to the teachers in the classroom, everyone is looking out for the best interest of the child. I had three very different children, and they were handled very differently. I bought my home in this neighborhood entirely because of the results Wyngate had on test scores at the time. I know test scores are not everything, but these teachers are teaching.

Wyngate Elementary School
9300 Wadsworth Dr, Bethesda, MD  20817
Last modified Wyngate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.