Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school has very good teachers. I have two children in this school. If your children needs additional attention, this school is not for your child. The do not have any special programs. Both my children are above the grade standards and one of them is very shy. Talked to the advisor but not received any help. Also there are a lots of bullying issued even starting at K level which is very surprising. The aide staff are not watching the kids during recess where most bullying happens.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

The new principal has just taken over in the Fall of 2016. But there are many issues such as bullying, etc. It is too early to comment on this

I would NOT recommend this school if your child has a learning disability, or if your children have a different way of learning. There were about a handful of teachers that had patience and took their time to make sure my child understood in class. Mrs. Leister is not the nicecst principal to deal with as a matter of fact she told me my child needed to be in a different school and that my child was elitterate. Once my child was off in middle school bc of the low grades, he was placed in special classes. Three weeks later after middle school started my child was placed in 2 advanced classes and on a regular class schedule. My child also got bullied and got kicked off the bus for defending himself and the kid that started a fight with him got to stay on the bus. I was contacted immediately and the parents of the other child were contacted the following day after I gave Mrs. Lester a piece of my mind. We must have been a target since day one. He was told that he doesn't have a cool mom, because cool moms don't work. My child is part Hispanic and Caucasian he was teased and told that he was adopted and his parents didn't care about him. Next, my child is from a broken home we are separated and the parents wanted to part to befriending us. Being on an IEP was hard bc they made me out to be the bad guy like I didn't put time and efforts with my son or his homework. The bottom line is my kid knew he wasn't wanted and is a good kid wanting to make friends and enjoys school but did not enjoy Wyngate they gave my kid a complex and made my kid feel useless. Guess what! My kid is in a magnet program at a magnet school making A's and B's and is in the 7th grade plays sports and talks to other kids about couping with learning disabilities. Proud mom!!!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My kid got bullied and my kid got in trouble for defending himself. Patrols and peers saw what happenend. Nothing happened to the child that was bullying until I went to the school to fight for my child's rights and brought a copy of my no bullying policy that I had signed

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

The school and principal does not support learning dissabilities at all and the teachers are not helpful to the kids with learning disabilities

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Only a handful of teachers were helpful. Others would not return emails even if it was to volunteer during parties, they had their favorite moms. The teachers would speak to me slow as if I didn't speak any English and would contact me with an interpreter. Hello!!! Born and raised in Rockville MD guys... My child was yelled at bc he didn't understand directions and told that there is no time to keep stopping for you. You are just to slow

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is too much homework my child barely had time just to eat, shower and family time. My child was always tired

Excellent neighborhood school. One of the best with Desicated teachers, challenging programS. Lots of after school Options

We have been incredibly happy with our experience at Wyngate. The teachers and pta are first rate. We have also had a good experience with the IEP process and have secured services for our children that far surpassed our expectations.

Great school, great teachers, great principal, great PTA. My daughters love to go the school.

Last modified Wyngate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.