Bladensburg, MD

Annapolis Road Academy Alternative High School 5

Posted October 19, 2006
I love this school! My son went from having a .23 to honor roll since coming to ARA! The students are calmer and many kids are finally getting the academic structure they miss being in traditional classes. If education is the key we need to stop short changing our kids. Kids only get 1 year in alternative school. I wish it was longer... I am glad I let my son see what he is capable of in the right setting. We need more schools like this!

Annapolis Road Academy Alternative High School 5

Posted May 22, 2006
- a former student
I was a student at Bladensburg Alternative High School in the first half of the 2005-2006 school year. I started off as a failing student held back two years. I became an honor roll student after the first to quarters in Bladensburg Alt. High school year and had earned my right to transfer back to my current high school. I went on to my current high school to become a 4.0 student. With hard work and determination I earned my right into Hampton University. I also earned countless awards in my school's science department. Bladensburg Alt. High School was a great way for me to hone my talents and learn new things about different people aswell. I will be going on to major in Chemistry thanks to Bladensburg Alt. High School's 'push' so to say. Thank You

Annapolis Road Academy Alternative High School 4

Posted January 31, 2006
My daughters grades have improved tremendously since she began classes at the Alternative High School. She is now an honor roll student. The classes she's taking are great, because they offer skills which will prepare her for college and the work force such as the 'SAT Prep Classes' and 'Computer Graphics.' The classroom sizes are small, which allows the teachers to attend to the students individually. My only complaint is that no foreign languages are offered at this time, which is mandatory in some cases for a student to graduate. I wish my daughter didn't have to return to her community based high school next year, but I'm sure she's gained much knowledge and self discipline which will carry her throughout her senior year.

Annapolis Road Academy Alternative High School
5150 Annapolis Rd, Bladensburg, MD  20710
Last modified Annapolis Road Academy Alternative High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-11
Annapolis Road Academy Alternative High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top