Bad
Good

Bladensburg Elementary School 5

Posted October 20, 2011
My son attended this school for 2 years before we moved and I thought that is was such a great school. The front office staff is excellent. The receptionist has been there since I was in kindergarten and she still is the same. Everyone there goes out of there way. I think that alot of people are complaining on here about bullying but I think that the school does everything that they can to prevent it. The main problem is the parents and you cant blame the school for that. The school makes the parents feel welcome. You are able to "check in" on your child at any time. I just dont have anything bad to say. Great School!!!!!!!

Bladensburg Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2011
I really wanted to give this school 0 stars as a rating, but I had to give a 1 star rating. Unfortunately my children had the experience of attending this school. Rats,bugs and unbearable staff. I agree with the parent who posted in 2005. Bladensburg has a huge problem with Bullying. The last days of the 2011 school year, there were 3 fights happening at the same time, on and near the school property. I personally went to a group of kids once who were about to fight and discouraged them from fighting. I suggest that the principal and counselor/s should have school assemblies several times a year with each grade level to talk about this terrible problem. They should encourage good behavior with rewards also. Don't wait until someones child is violently attacked and then speak to one class at a time. The payed recess monitors also need to pay close attention to the violence that happens during recess. Stop turning the blind eye to this. Innocent children go to school to learn and then are attacked while doing so. I was extremely happy when my children no longer went to this poorly managed school.

Bladensburg Elementary School 4

Posted March 16, 2008
I love this school! It has had a major turn around over the last few years! They have made it off the Schools in Improvement list and seem to have retained only highly qualified teachers. I am extremely satisfied with my child's teacher and everything she does to help my child. I receive weekly updates as to what is going on in the classroom and she keeps me up to date on my child's strengths and weaknesses. The school also has quarterly parent nights, cultural celebrations, and planned family activities. I am pleased and plan to join the PTA next year.

Bladensburg Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2005
This school really needs serious help. My kids go there and I've already asked the school board to allow them to return to their old school. My daughter was threatened by other students and the teacher acted like it was no big deal. She was in 4th grade it is a big deal. When I went to MS. Pitts about it all she said was that don't happen in my school. I had my child at the hospital twice in 2 weeks and when the teacher was told she said my child was lying. I had to send in her release papers to prove it. My child would cry and beg me not to send her to school. Have not heard from school board yet might keeps kids home until I do. AVOID THIS SCHOOL AT ALL COSTS!

Bladensburg Elementary School
4915 Annapolis Rd, Bladensburg, MD  20710
Last modified Bladensburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.