9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 30, 2016
For the most part, the students have good relationships with the teachers and feel comfortable talking with them about classwork or where they are having problems. Some of the teachers are always available for assistance before and after school.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 30, 2016
Depends on the class. The science teachers are the most effective and if you are good at math, they can be effective too.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 30, 2016
Most of the students are determined to pass the class but not necessarily with an A or B. Some couldn't care less about the class or the material, but more about getting an assignment turned in on time so she can turn her F to a D.

Elizabeth Seton High School 3

Posted May 30, 2016
The all-girl environment is probably the best aspect of the school for girls who are distracted easily by boys or those who have low self-esteem. However, there still may be distractions from classmates who clearly are not interested in learning that day. In terms of ACADEMICS, the science department is probably one of the best with a new pharmacy program having a high passing rate for the exam this year. The art and music departments are also good and they both give students great opportunities such as the music trip to Myrtle Beach. The math department is probably one of the worst departments for those who already struggle in math. The teachers designated for the standard math classes are not the best and the students often seek help from teachers who teach the Honors or AP courses. The honors and AP math courses move at a respectable pace and are well taught. There is a strict uniform code that was updated this year and there were many complaints from the students. The blazer actually makes the uniform with the skirt look a lot cleaner for the winter. But the students often complain about having to wear the blazer for most of the day except when in the classroom. The LOCATION also isn't one of the best. The students are allowed to only use one Metro bus stop and not allowed to go to the stores down the street. The school has also implemented new safety rules which they follow sometimes. The campus is mostly crime free but the surrounding areas are not. Most of the students do not wander off campus after school anyway.

Posted May 10, 2011
As a graduating senior in the class of 2011, I feel compelled to share with the community about my incredible experience at this inspiring and challenging unique high school. The family environment, accessibility of teachers, small class sizes, and abundance of clubs, sports, and community service opportunities have provided me with an unparalleled experience during my 4 years here. If you are thinking about attending, or if you are a parent and are thinking of sending you daughter here, know that my decision to attend Seton is one that has shaped my life in ways that otherwise would not have been. I know some times an all-girls environment may not appeal to many, but our brother school, DeMatha Catholic High School is right down the road, and we do so much with them. Honestly, after everything I have to admit that I know I would not have excelled academically as I have in a co-ed environment. This school is amazing, and I know I will always thank Seton for helping me become the woman I am. Go Roadrunners!!

Elizabeth Seton High School 2

Posted March 19, 2011
I attend Seton currently, but am likely to transfer soon. The academics are incredibly challenging which is not necessarily a good thing because most times my hard work doesn't even pay off with a high GPA. The school has many rules and is very strict towards discipline. I am just unhappy with the school, and it's not the kind of fun and happy environment I hoped to spend the best 4 years of my life.

Posted October 17, 2008
I currently Attend Seton, and if I may say so this school is probabaly the best thing that coulve ever happened to me!!!I love the teachers, coaches, and all of the other staff!!!If you are contemplating sending your daughter to Seton,please DO!! It will broaden her view of life and the meaning of things spirtually and in many other ways!! proud to be a roadrunner...118

Posted August 14, 2008
My rating may seem self-serving since I taught at Seton from 2000 to 2007. I am also the parent of a young lady in the class of 2011. Seton is the day to the night of my parish's cliquish school. I loved teaching at Seton and hope to return as soon as my health allows. This school has great tolerance for those who march to a different drummer and my daughter has made more friends in one year at Seton than in nine years of grade school. Seton has one of the lowest tuitions in the Archdiocese of Washington, which makes the school accessible to a very diverse population. The academic program is sound and the Math department is especially strong. The courses in English and Social Studies require a fair amount of writing, so college writing should not be a shock.

Posted April 28, 2008
My daughter is graduating with honors May '08 and was accepted into some of the most competitive colleges in the country (Georgetown, Swarthmore and several others) because of the preparation at Seton. I was shocked to read anything negative about this school in these reviews. Yes it is strict, yes they press the students to do well, yes it is a Catholic institution with all that that implies about discipline and a demanding curriculum. But isn't that why one chooses a Catholic high school? What they have done to bring my shy, quiet 9th grader into the confident, capable leader that she is today is impressive and very much appreciated.

Posted November 28, 2007
I will be attending ESHS within the next year, I feel that I have benifitted from my older sister being a graduate and she and I both agree that this school enviorment will be the best for me and that the staff and students are always at their best and so caring! I cant wait to attend ESHS!

5715 Emerson St, Bladensburg, MD  20710
Last modified Elizabeth Seton High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12