Bowie High School 5

Posted November 29, 2014
excellent teachers, cooperative administration, great resources for parents to participate and contributing to the school.

Bowie High School 4

Posted June 27, 2014
The Honors and AP classes are great and most of those students work hard. I have heard that it is different in many of the regular classes.

Bowie High School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
its alright unorganized at times and underfunded but its still alright, could do better with the math teachers and their inability to speak fluent english; A lot of the other reviews are bad and bashing the teachers but its not completely their fault, We still have the highest test scores in the county so to call us stupid is asinine -current bowie high student class of 2015

Posted April 25, 2014
This school is not up to par academically. I have met with counselors and administrators about disruptive behavior during my child's class. In September 2013 I repeatedly made them aware of my concerns because I am a parent who truly cares about my child's education. As of April 2014 nothing has improved. The teachers do not give students feedback. They fail to give tests or homework back to the students in order to allow them an opportunity to improve and enhance their performance. Teachers spend more of their time out of the classroom instead of teaching the class and insuring those students that want to learn actually can. Seriously the teachers need to stop getting paid to do nothing and get some teachers who really care about educating our children.

Posted February 19, 2014
From the first day of registration, my experience with this school has been poor. The students are out of control. They don't listen to the teachers. The staff is unprofessional. Everything that the school secretary, Mrs. Lee told us was false. As far as their "No Bullying policy", that's a joke. There are fights there almost daily according to my child. I would definitely consider another school if you're able. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I enrolled my child, which took almost 2 weeks because they would not accept my proofs of residency. I've never had such a traumatic experience with a school. It's an awful school. This is my opinion, and I am very much into my child's education. I am sure some others may not agree, but this is my honest opinion from what I've experienced at Bowie High School. Also if you saw other reviews on this school, you would definitely see that there is definitely a cause for concern at this High School.

Posted December 10, 2013
I was a former 2011 graduate, this school is beyond terrible, Even though I'm in college, I felt like I learned nothing. I feel like the teachers do not have discipline so of course the students Will not have any. I honestly feel like the majority of the teachers there are only there for the paychecks. Not the importance of teaching, not importance I students learning everyday. I felt like they didn't try hard enough to prepare students for the next level education. While in 11th grade, one of my worst years there, I discovered not only did the school care about teaching, they don't care about getting permanent teachers. For example, my English 11 never had a permanent teacher. The first week of school our teacher was a HSA coordinator. After a couple months she left, then we had a substitute for a couple months. Then about the February we finally received a certified teacher. In my 10th grade year, Spanish was the same runaround with the teachers. First there was a real teacher but our class was so bad that we ran her out of town, our second teacher was a substitute, but he left because he wasn't permanent, 3rd teacher was another sub. Don't go to this awful school!

Posted December 01, 2013
I'm a student and this school is awful. These teachers do not know how to teach, all my classes is basically like free time. There is nothing great about this school. Do not recommend . I am definatley not prepared for college next year.

Posted July 16, 2013
This is seriously the most unprofessional school I have ever dealt with. The administrative staff that is there is extremely rude and honestly I will never send anyone to this school again.

Bowie High School 5

Posted February 03, 2012
I love this school. But there is one problem it is in PG county. PG does not like Bowie because the students are not stupid like in the rest of the county. On the county website they made a 2 page article on on how they will make district heights elementary (the worst school in the county) better by painting it and buying toys rather than posting that whitehall elementary became a blue ribbon( only school in the county). I wish bowie could seperate from PG and merge with Anne Arundel

Bowie High School 4

Posted December 29, 2011
I am a mom of a 2011 Graduate and have a freshman there now. Bowie High prepared by daughter to be very competitive for college and was accepted to her first choice school George Mason. The kids that were in the Honor Classes and involved in extra activities help make the school it's very best. In sports three (3) girls from the basketball team went on to Ivey League schools, and other athletics went on to D1 schools. Parents have to be involved with their kids and help the teachers help their kids. I can truly say Mrs. Spence set a great example and was Principle of the Year for Maryland. If we help with the problems and not be a part of them then we will have great schools across America. Mr. Trustee one of the gudiance counselors that was a very inportant part of the process from freshman - senior year, making sure the kids was on track for success.

Bowie High School
15200 Annapolis Rd, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Bowie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bowie High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top