Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted February 11, 2016
My child rarely seems to have any homework and could care less about grades, but is continually passed on to the next grade.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
The school bureaucracy shows little if any compassion, caring or empathy. The negative environment reinforces negative biases and stereotypes.

Bowie High School 4

Posted January 24, 2015
If you are nervous about sending you r child to Bowie here's everything you need to know. Urge your child to try for the SUMMIT program, this is program gives your child higher classes from the very first day of 9th grade. Also there are at the max 65 kids in the program for your grade. These are the kids that your child will be around for the next 4 years. To get into the program you have to have at-least a 3.0 all throughout their 7th grade year and the 1st quarter of their 8th year, with no behavior problems. If they don't make SUMMIT then try to get them into honors classes.But make sure that they are involved in extracurricular activities, they definitely help seperate the people that you should steer away from and the people you should start getting close to and be around with. This will keep your child out of trouble AND have good high school years . ~CLASS OF 2015 WE OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Bowie High School 5

Posted November 29, 2014
excellent teachers, cooperative administration, great resources for parents to participate and contributing to the school.

Bowie High School 4

Posted June 27, 2014
The Honors and AP classes are great and most of those students work hard. I have heard that it is different in many of the regular classes.

Bowie High School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
its alright unorganized at times and underfunded but its still alright, could do better with the math teachers and their inability to speak fluent english; A lot of the other reviews are bad and bashing the teachers but its not completely their fault, We still have the highest test scores in the county so to call us stupid is asinine -current bowie high student class of 2015

Posted April 25, 2014
This school is not up to par academically. I have met with counselors and administrators about disruptive behavior during my child's class. In September 2013 I repeatedly made them aware of my concerns because I am a parent who truly cares about my child's education. As of April 2014 nothing has improved. The teachers do not give students feedback. They fail to give tests or homework back to the students in order to allow them an opportunity to improve and enhance their performance. Teachers spend more of their time out of the classroom instead of teaching the class and insuring those students that want to learn actually can. Seriously the teachers need to stop getting paid to do nothing and get some teachers who really care about educating our children.

Posted February 19, 2014
From the first day of registration, my experience with this school has been poor. The students are out of control. They don't listen to the teachers. The staff is unprofessional. Everything that the school secretary, Mrs. Lee told us was false. As far as their "No Bullying policy", that's a joke. There are fights there almost daily according to my child. I would definitely consider another school if you're able. I wish I had looked at the reviews before I enrolled my child, which took almost 2 weeks because they would not accept my proofs of residency. I've never had such a traumatic experience with a school. It's an awful school. This is my opinion, and I am very much into my child's education. I am sure some others may not agree, but this is my honest opinion from what I've experienced at Bowie High School. Also if you saw other reviews on this school, you would definitely see that there is definitely a cause for concern at this High School.

Posted December 10, 2013
I was a former 2011 graduate, this school is beyond terrible, Even though I'm in college, I felt like I learned nothing. I feel like the teachers do not have discipline so of course the students Will not have any. I honestly feel like the majority of the teachers there are only there for the paychecks. Not the importance of teaching, not importance I students learning everyday. I felt like they didn't try hard enough to prepare students for the next level education. While in 11th grade, one of my worst years there, I discovered not only did the school care about teaching, they don't care about getting permanent teachers. For example, my English 11 never had a permanent teacher. The first week of school our teacher was a HSA coordinator. After a couple months she left, then we had a substitute for a couple months. Then about the February we finally received a certified teacher. In my 10th grade year, Spanish was the same runaround with the teachers. First there was a real teacher but our class was so bad that we ran her out of town, our second teacher was a substitute, but he left because he wasn't permanent, 3rd teacher was another sub. Don't go to this awful school!

Posted December 01, 2013
I'm a student and this school is awful. These teachers do not know how to teach, all my classes is basically like free time. There is nothing great about this school. Do not recommend . I am definatley not prepared for college next year.

15200 Annapolis Rd, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Bowie High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.