Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted October 06, 2015
Still waiting for proof. I teach my child honest and integrity so they respect the teachers. I haven't experienced unfairness.

High Bridge Elementary School 4

Posted October 06, 2015
All teachers I have encountered directly have always been attentive and willing to take the time to answer all questions even without scheduled appointments. Teachers had HBE give me the impression they care about there students when as a parent I show concern.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 24, 2015
We moved to the area with about 2 months left in the school year. My daughter was in Kindergarten and we decided to try out the school fort he rest of the year. At first I was excited. The teacher was friendly and my daughter was excited. She had loved school previously and I was hopeful that wouldn't change. Unfortunately, it did change. She hated school. I had to make her go, then cheer her up when she got home. They only have one 15 minute recess all day (huge issue!) and, therefore, have lots of discipline problems. My daughter was also constantly bullied on the bus. When I talked to another teacher about sticking it out and trying first grade or homeschooling, she said to homeschool if I couldn't transfer my daughter. She said she would never send her kids to this school! Since there isn't open enrollment in PG County, we are homeschooling. I would rather send her to school, but since High Bridge is my only option, public school isn't an option.

High Bridge Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2015
My child is in kindergarten, the teacher is tired and stressed, she hates her job. The principle Mr. Kelly is too laid back, doesn't seem to care about anything other than his paycheck. This is a horrible first year of school for my child. The entire school is a joke, everyone seems stressed, tired and uncaring. I am tempted to move to a better school area or pay for private school. Something needs to happen to fix this school, fast please.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 26, 2015
teacher at this school this is very bad for the kids to lunch and never yells seen the smile always goes mad should look for another job by q with children is horrible treatment his name is Shanna Adamson

High Bridge Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2015

High Bridge Elementary School 5

Posted July 15, 2013
The school is steadily improving in tests scores over the last 5 years. The principal, while quiet, is effective in involving the community with the school.

High Bridge Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2013
While the teachers are great the new principal Mr. Kelly is terrible. He need to learn to respect and listen to parents. He lacks the social skills you would think a principal would have. Very unprofessional.

High Bridge Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2010
I am the mother of five children. My oldest has moved on to middle school after having a very successful time at High Bridge. I currently have two children attending with another one getting ready to start kindergarten in the fall. I am very proud to be a High Bridge parent. High Bridge is an often overlooked Bowie school. Many people do not realize what a gem it is! The staff and teachers are wonderful and really care about your child(ren). The teachers take the time to get to know your childs strengths and weaknesses and they work off of that information. My children are TAG level, and the work they are given is challenging. The children are taught not only the basics, but also respect and responsibility. I really believe that parents need to look beyond test scores to see what a wonderful school this is.

High Bridge Elementary School 5

Posted March 15, 2010
I'm a proud parent of a 5th grader at the school. He has been at High Bridge since Kindergarten and I can honestly say he has had great teachers since he's been there. He is a TAG student and the school has the resources to challenge him beyond the regular school material. It has also been a blessing that he has never had more than 19 to 20 kids in his class. I am very pleased with this school.

7011 High Bridge Rd, Bowie, MD  20720
Last modified High Bridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.