Bowie, MD
Before care: Yes

Posted August 11, 2014
I love KES my sons first year here was last year in 2nd grade and he did so well excellent grades, he did in his other school too but that was Anne Arundel schools and I did not hear great things about prince georges public schools but anyone who asks me I would greatly recommend it to anyone. My child really enjoys going to school. Also if your child needs help with anything the teachers are really there to help. I can't say enough 3rd grade here we come!!!

Posted April 28, 2014
We've had our children in Kenilworth for 2 year now, and I'm very happy. True, the school is a little older, and some of the physical facilities or materials could be in better shape. But mostly, the teachers care tremendously about the students and their success. The principal is kind to the kids and puts them first, though he could be a little more assertive with the county, but that's ok. Nothing is perfect. As far as size and diversity, I've found that this school really fits the bill as a cute neighborhood elementary school, and one that I'm happy to have my kids at, over a $6K-$13K per year private school.

Kenilworth Elementary School 3

Posted April 04, 2014
We have a child in first grade who's been there since kindergarten. The teachers and school nurse are excellent, approachable and responsive. The principal on the other needs some improvment, he's not as responsive as he could be.

Posted January 21, 2014
My oldest has been here since K (Miss Harris), she's now in 3rd. My youngest has been here since last year K (Miss Harris), she's now in 1st. I have been very happy here. The diversity of students, staff is important, the parent involvement is huge, the principal (Mr. Henderson) is approachable and very involved. The community activities have been wonderful especially for my kids. Teachers are good at communicating with u about your child's progress/concerns. My 3rd grader tested into TAG and got accepted into Heather Hills but turned it down because she was doing so well here plus at KES we take pride in our school and make things happen. We are the 1st to have a Natural Habitat for wildlife at our school. My teen attended Heather Hills, I was not happy with some of the teachers there and the results that I did not want my 2nd child to deal with. The same teachers are there at HHES. We CHOSE Kenilworth for the progress we are achieving. So happy!!!

Posted January 01, 2014
We are parents that chose Kenilworth after a private school option. The diversity among the students and the community culture among the entire school has exceeded our expectations. The principal is extremely involved without hindering progress (it isn't always that way) and the community atmosphere has worked well towards our child's maturity. I ansolutely adore the way everyone works together for our children. The PTA is fantastic and growing towards innovative activities. It really is a model comprehensive school.

Posted January 04, 2013
Excellent teachers that really teach, challenge, and care about their students. After care is also available at the school. I can't say one bad thing about this school.

Posted January 26, 2010
Reall liked the school, staff and the parents who came too see how the kids were doing. More than anything, My child love this school!

Posted January 26, 2010
I like this school for a different reason than others. They don't settle for just a bad grade. If your child need work on something, trust me they will work on it.

Kenilworth Elementary School 4

Posted June 15, 2009
This was my daughter's first year at Kenilworth. I can honestly say that I throughly enjoyed the experience. She learned alot was very excited about learning new things. She was exposed to many new subjects that expanded her mind. Her teacher was great! The principal was very helpful. The PTA planned alot of good activities that my family and I were able to participate in. Overall, I enjoyed this educational experience and because I enjoyed it so much I am sending my youngest daughter next year.

Kenilworth Elementary School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
I have two children at KES nnd I have nothing but the best to say about the teachers, staff members, office workers, principal, PTA, all the way to the bus drivers. I love this school. We will be leaving them soon and it crushes me but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to be apart of the KES family.

Kenilworth Elementary School
12520 Kembridge Dr, Bowie, MD  20715
Last modified Kenilworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenilworth Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top